It's easy to be inspired by the fabulous projects in the catalogue, it's sometimes just hard to find the time to create all those things you want to try. I'm really glad this week's Challenge covers these pages because I was asked to make a Farewell Card for a large office and the lined alphabet stamps and thinlits helped me decide where to start! Then I just picked a DSP paper pack - "Share What You Love" - and chose the colours from there.
Welcome this week. I hope you find something here that sparks you to get creative too. It's a little hard to capture in photos but this "card" needed room for about 30 - 40 people to sign. I left it fairly plain and there are no embellishments so that it sits flat and is easy to write in.
I was inspired by the great photos on page 174. and also by a recent post by Rochelle Blok on Kelly's Paper Adventures Team blog hop. I used her link to the tutorial video and but altered the measurements since I wasn't needing to add photos. I also added quite a few more pages. ( measurements I used are below)
I used a few coloured Cardstock pages and sifted through some old packs of Memories and More card packs and added few journalling cards from those. I think this would be a great way to use retired M&M cards for gifts.....mmm.....
I'll wait until they have all written in the card then I may go back and add a little more accent stamping to fill in any blank spots. And I still need to make the envelope to match.
These are the measurements I used
- cardstock for alphabet letters cut to 10.5 cm wide and lined up in thinlit frame with the 2 marks on the angle edges so that the letters are lined up straight.
- Front Decorated Panel - adhere all letters to create word then trim piece to 3' wide
- Covers - can use Heavy Cardstock (if available) or chipboard if desired
- 2 pieces cut at 6 1/8' x 3 1/2"
- Score at 5 3/4"- this creates spine of ~ 3/8"
- Pages - odd number 7 or greater plain Cardstock
- cut at 5 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- score 6 of these at 1"
- ribbon approx 60 cm
- DSP for back cover 5 1/4" x 3"
- DSP for inside
- hinge pieces 15/16" strips ( a whisker under 1")
- pockets - 4" x 3 3/4" score 3/8" on 3 sides fold under flaps and adhere
- cut plain Cardstock to create tag 4" x 2 3/4"
- other panels of DSP cut to 1/4" smaller than area where they will go.
- adhere the 2 spine flaps to each other using strong adhesive- I like the front cover spine to be adhered over the back spine so that the join is at the back
- I adhered the full length of ribbon on the outside of the covers using strong double sided tape along the middle of the covers for the full length
- adhere the decorated front panel over the top of the ribbon
- assemble the pages as a book before you adhere inside the covers
- place the unscored page on your work space- this is the BASE piece
- adhere the 1" (hinge) flap of the first page to the right side of the base piece.
- alternate pages in a Z - or zig zag - adhering the 1" (hinge) flap to left then right until assembled.
- adhere 1" DSP strips to hinge flaps and trim to flush with edges of page
- adhere BASE piece to inside of back cover
- decorate as desired.
Next this week is Sandra
and before me this week is Peta
We'd love to see what inspires you using these pages. Pop a photo of your project on our Facebook page.
I hope you have a creative week and remember,
"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"