Skip to main content

CI#90 Only 4 weeks till Christmas

Hello again, hard to believe it's the 25th of November already- Christmas is certainly approaching fast.

But even though it's soon, I am not sharing a Christmas card today, but I am inspired by the beautiful colours in this week's inspiration pic. I had to have a little play with a new stampset coming in January.

The colours for this week are Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Pretty Peacock- a delightful combination. 
I have used the first four for a watercolour wash using the smoosh technique of ink on an clear block, spritzed with water and smooshed onto some Shimmery White cardstock. Then I stamped the gorgeous flowers in Memento Black and the sentiment in Peacock, with a few peacock splatters from flicking the pen against the inside of the pen lid- an old technique but a good one.

The painted panel is on a pool party mat embossed with the Subtle folder and I added a few rhinestones for sparkle of course.

The tiny strip trimmed from the edge was used on the inside panel to tie the card together, and I had to punch a dragonfly of course so he's on the inside too.

Simple stamping- this was a really quick card to create.

If you want to get your hands on this lovely set before Christmas you can  join my team and become a demonstrator.

Don't forget it's a great time to purchase some crafty supplies for your Christmas gifts. Today is a great opportunity as there is still 10% off a huge range of products until midnight tonight.


I can highly recommend these 2 kits as fabulous gift ideas. 
Everything you need to create 15 cards is in the Simply Citrus kit- that works out to $3.30 per card, and includes a Navy Ink Spot, stampset, clear block, embellishments and adhesive.

And the Joy to the World kit is spectacular for creating 8 stunning cards with the stampset and ink to create lots more.  

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.

Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Thanks so much for popping by, here's the products I used
Product List

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for