Skip to main content

CI#90 Only 4 weeks till Christmas

Hello again, hard to believe it's the 25th of November already- Christmas is certainly approaching fast.

But even though it's soon, I am not sharing a Christmas card today, but I am inspired by the beautiful colours in this week's inspiration pic. I had to have a little play with a new stampset coming in January.

The colours for this week are Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Pretty Peacock- a delightful combination. 
I have used the first four for a watercolour wash using the smoosh technique of ink on an clear block, spritzed with water and smooshed onto some Shimmery White cardstock. Then I stamped the gorgeous flowers in Memento Black and the sentiment in Peacock, with a few peacock splatters from flicking the pen against the inside of the pen lid- an old technique but a good one.

The painted panel is on a pool party mat embossed with the Subtle folder and I added a few rhinestones for sparkle of course.

The tiny strip trimmed from the edge was used on the inside panel to tie the card together, and I had to punch a dragonfly of course so he's on the inside too.

Simple stamping- this was a really quick card to create.

If you want to get your hands on this lovely set before Christmas you can  join my team and become a demonstrator.

Don't forget it's a great time to purchase some crafty supplies for your Christmas gifts. Today is a great opportunity as there is still 10% off a huge range of products until midnight tonight.


I can highly recommend these 2 kits as fabulous gift ideas. 
Everything you need to create 15 cards is in the Simply Citrus kit- that works out to $3.30 per card, and includes a Navy Ink Spot, stampset, clear block, embellishments and adhesive.

And the Joy to the World kit is spectacular for creating 8 stunning cards with the stampset and ink to create lots more.  

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.

Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Thanks so much for popping by, here's the products I used
Product List

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...