My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Card in a box

Well, now that Christmas is over it is time to create something different - hooray it's back to flowers, and since there are several birthdays in January it's a nice fresh feel to making something new.
I have been inspired by another SU demonstrator - Tanya Bell (another Queenslander!) with her Card in a Box. She has a fabulous video which she shared on Stampin Connection . She referenced Monica Gale who has made a larger version.( you may need to search for Card in a box on her site) I. hope you can view the links. I have tried my hand at a few samples, and will have a few more photos in the next few days of some other colour/theme attempts.
The first uses "Simply Sketched" and "Natures Walk" with some of my favourite colours of Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green. I have stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured the images with a blender pen then cut them out. I have also used another very old set "Organic Grace" - with Perfect Plum for the flower heads. The DSP is form the birthday set in the current catalogue. All special birthday cards should have a little bit of sparkle! so I have used traces of the Dazzling Details glitter glue once it was all assembled.
I do love that this just fits into a regular envelope. This was fiddly and did take some time with all the detailed cutting, but after mass producing so many christmas cards I really enjoyed taking some time to just create - and it's for a special person so I enjoyed taking some time thinking about her. Thanks for looking, Liz
Folded flat it fits into a regular C6 Envelope.

Opened and free standing.

side view to give you a look at the gates across the box
where the flowers are attached.
Back Panel decorated for writing birthday message

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz