My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Monday, 9 June 2014

Thoughts and prayers tree, thank you set



One of the sets of 5 cards which I sell boxed at the markets. It's always good to have some thank you cards in the cupboard and these are quite versatile - and not a butterfly or a flower in sight!

This simple set uses the gorgeous tree image from the "Thoughts and prayers" set which is such a versatile image. I have used Old Olive ink to stamp the tree and some strips of coordinating 
DSP from the "Etcetera" collection to add some depth to the Vanilla card fronts. I have used matching embroidery floss  ( both olive and navy) wrapped around the card front and embellished with an Olive Glimmer Brad - wish I had a few more of these.... On the navy cards I used a regular brass paper fastener from the newsagents which I have dipped in versamark ink and Pewter embossing powder. The heat embossed metal brad works really well though it is a lot bigger than the craft variety.
I always decorate the inside of my cards to match the front and I also stamp the envelope to match. 

Thanks for looking, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz