Skip to main content

CTC#76 Have a Cuppa for Mum



Hello and welcome back for this weeks projects. You can find all the CTC blog participants here
Pages 34-36 have some sweet projects made using the fabulous Have a Cuppa set  and matching framelits which I resisted buying initially. This is the project we made for mother's Day at March Class. I have CASED the Wisteria Wonder layout of the card at the right of this picture on page 34.

For the Class we made one of these fabulous self closing boxes which holds a little selection of tea bags, and the card coordinates for a sweet little Mother's Day Gift. 

The teapot sits on a vellum circle, but I needed to layer a patterned vellum over the Vellum cardstock as it needed the extra firmness to be stable. I used the Circles framelits to cut the ring frame from the Shine On Kraft DSP. - this frame hides the glue dots which hold the 2 layers of vellum together. the cute floral Paper is from the Love Blossoms DSP paper stack. Watermelon Wonder does look very bright in these photos, and it shows how luscious the ribbon is!

If you would like to make the self closing box I have more samples and links to the tutorials here

 So to show an alternative using the same layout and an older stamp or product I was able to use the circle of card from the inside of the frame, and the Butterflies framelits worked perfectly.


I have done lots of projects using the cuppa and kettle framelits - you can see my post title "An Afternoon Tea Tree" here- which has the items I submitted to be selected as a display stamper for some more ideas on how to use this great set.
I have one other card to show you using the fabulous teacups framelits. This is one I made for On Stage and showcases 3 of the new colours and an image from the new stampset -Love and Affection

Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of the Hop as you continue around the loop. I'm excited to see what everyone has come up with for these beautiful products. Next up is Rachel




And don't forget that we love to see what you create too, come and share with us....


Happy Stamping, Liz



Comments

  1. Your post today is so full of awesomeness! Love the self-closing boxes, love your colours, adore the stacked tea cups! We'll miss this stamp and die set, glad I have it in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are so amazing and creative! I love all the ideas, and I think I'll be coming again for some more awesome inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boxes!! Thanks for the tutorial, I will be trying that out!! And thank you for showing another card using the same layout, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for