Skip to main content

CTC#90 Project Life Easy Cards

Welcome to the CASEing the Catty Sunday night blogshop where we use a section of the Catalogue to inspire this weeks projects. Designers can take a layout, a colour combination, or any element as the starting point to create something new. We invite you to tour around the hop and to join in -after all the Catalogue has so many beautiful samples to inspire us all. If you get lost you'll find the full crew here

You may have come from Julia's blog, enjoy your tour around the full circle.
This week we are using the samples from the Project Life kits from pages 6-9, and pages 158-166. 

I have to say that I love the idea of Project Life and one day if I ever get any photos printed I'll give it a good go! but this week I'm a bit pushed for time so I have opted to make 2 simple cards just using the Project Life cards. And that is part of the magic - the cards are simply gorgeous.
My signature card at the market stalls I attend is a handmade envelope using a 71/2"square of DSP, and a  square card 41/2 x41/,2 so when I'm short of time that's what I make.

The cards form the All Year Long Suite are just stunning so it was easy to pick a PL card and just add a few details. The colour scheme (shown above) is soft and sophisticated, and the Moroccan Suite of DSP tones in very well. I added just some simple stamping using versa mark and Clear Embossing Powder. A leaf from the stunning Thoughtful Branches set and some gold Bakers' Twine.(retired but lovely) I've also added some Perfect White Accents clear dots - but I removed the white dot from the base and adhered them with a glue dot. I love the clear symmetry of these little domes. To add a little dimension to the word Smile I have drawn over the text with the fine tip glue pen. 


Inside I have stamped the sentiments from Layering Love on both cards . I think they tie in beautifully with both themes.
You can see more of the detail from the side

Because I couldn't narrow it down to just one of the PL cards I made 2, using one of the smaller cards for the second version.

Again using the Moroccan DSP for the background, and the same clear dots for detail, I also added a very narrow strip of Black Cardstock and one of Crumb Cake behind one edge of the card. The two hearts are diecut from the Sunshine Wishes framelits (Love, Love, Love these) and tied on with some linen thread and Emerald Envy Baker's Twine. For the inside message again I stamped only in Versamark and Clear embossed both the sentiment and the detail (Mixed Borders - which is also on the front along the bottom of the PL card but it doesn't show up very well in the photos) . 


Just a little more detail from another angle.
There are so many gorgeous cards I really should go and get some photos printed, maybe next week......
Next on the hop is the fabulous Kelly. I wonder what treasure she has for us today.



Don't forget we love to see what you create too, and we hold a monthly challenge where you can share with us too.


Thanks so much for looking,

Liz






Comments

  1. Liz what a splendid idea making cards from PL! These are so gorgeous, well done! You have got me re thinking PL now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb, I know .. it's always hard when you think you don't need something and then you see how someone else has used it and it changes your thinking!! go on, you'll be amazed!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Liz - these are stunning - great CASE's! And you've used a couple of my favourite products - the Moroccan DSP and Project Life! The colour combos are so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, yes, Love Moroccan more than I thought I would!

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous Liz - but I particularly love the love hearts and will definitely be CASEing this (but probably as a C6 card ... me and & square are a rare thing!). Love that you've made beautiful envelopes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a nice square card, these are lovely. I had trouble picking that you'd used PL cards to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards!! Love that Project Life cards don't just have to be used for scrapbooking, although you should print out some pics and try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards - and thank you for the wonderful idea of using them to make cards!! Your special little details really make these cards standout!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for