Skip to main content

Special Window birthday with Pals Paper Arts Colours#313

The new in colours are so pretty and the colour challenge at PPA this week is just perfect for a special birthday card I need for today.

I have made another magic window card and will post a tutorial with the CASEing the Catty card this Sunday (August 14). I have made lots of these in the past and you can see some more samples here.

The card is closed with a belly band and as you open the card the sliding mechanism opens to reveal the message in the window.

Detail of the cluster on the belly band.

As you open the gate fold

The little cluster of flowers is made using swirly bird, and the leaf spray is fussy cut from the DSP sheet from the Fruit Stand collection.

The sliding mechanism slowly opening.
I coloured the White glimmer paper numbers using a sponge dauber and the Flirty Flamingo ink. The numbers are cut using the now retired Bigz Die and worked well for this card as they are much finer than the big numbers framelits- and 50 years deserves pink champagne don't you think?

Thanks for looking today,
Remember to check back tomorrow for the tutorial, this one is 4 x4 inches and has a matching envelope.

thanks for looking, 

Liz



Comments

  1. Lovely card for our colors this week. You used them well. Love your circles and add ons. Thanks for playing with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card with that sliding mechanism! Love all your detail, and the darling belly band! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...