Skip to main content

CTC123 Easter

What a busy weekend- I can't believe Easter is almost here, and with so much to do before then I wanted something not too complicated to make for Easter this year. I'm quite excited because 2 of our children are coming home for the short break. It will be lovely to have them around for a few days. I always try to get lots of baking done- and of course there are traditional recipes to whip up. So I need some cards to go with their gifts.

This is a style of card that I have always admired but seldom made so I was pleased to finally get these created.  SOOO easy! Why haven't I done this before?
Their little envelopes will contain a small gift to go along with the eggs!

I liked the layout of the card on the top left of page 27 of the occasions catalogue- just the simple strip of DSP on the lower half of the card, and a colour banner behind the label with the sentiment on it, so that inspired the outside of the bag.

The pull out card is similarly simple. I cut the white card insert and the coloured label on the front using the Project Life Framelits- they make things super easy.




The sentiments are from various sets- Affectionately Yours, and Layering Love - sentiments that are perfect for family. A little enamel heart is also just the right touch. I do love the enamel shapes and they are great value for the number of pieces in a pack.





Don't forget we love to see what inspires you in the catalogue. Show us your easter projects on our Facebook Page.


You can find the full crew here if you get lost.


Grab a coffee and some chocolate eggs and hop around the rest of the blog participants this week. Next on this week's blog is Monique




Thanks for looking, and remember,

"don't just post online, post something pretty",

Liz




Supply List

Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning Liz! I love the colour pallette - beautiful! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly, I am really happy with how they turned out- it's always nice making something when you have a particular recipient in mind too don't you think? Easy to make things for people you love. xx

      Delete
  2. These are just so beautiful Liz, the simple layouts and colour combos are just perfect and make these so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, They looked pretty on the dinner table for Easter too!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely Easter gift for grown ups. I'm sure they loved them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for