Skip to main content

CTC#243 A 3D project- envelope minialbum


Welcome back to CTC this week for 3D projects inspired by the catalogue. 

I'm excited to see what everyone has made.

Do you shy away from 3D projects because they might take a long time to make? I do.

But this project was made so easy by the fabulous Memories and More cards and the Magnolia Lane specialty cards and envelopes. It uses very few supplies.

 I have to admit that I constructed most of this project on a long car trip and it was very satisfying to pass the time being creative. 




This is the inspiration picture on page 37 of the Catalogue. I do love the simplicity of the cards but I was a bit disappointed initially at the weight of the cards- I thought they were a bit flimsy, but they do firm up when you add the M&M cards. However I Love the silver accent details and the lining.  I have wanted to make an envelope album for a long time and this seemed like the perfect place to start. There are loads of clips showing how to create a basic envelope album and I watched a few for ideas before I just went with what seemed to work.


This is a picture heavy post - the old 1000 words thing....

First page. The envelopes are perfect for slipping in photos or memorabilia.
The M&M cards are perfect for journalling and so easy to place with the silver frame already there for you on the specialty cards.
The right hand page is a card which I have adhered over another card and inserted the "back" of the card into an envelope behind. It opens up to the right.
 Card opened out.
And the reverse- page 2
Page 3 no pockets on this page, just space for a photo and some journalling.
 Page 4 - I made and extra pocket using one of the smaller M&M cards adhered across the bottom and the left side only. 2 more cards make nice slip in tags, and a larger one slips in behind. There is extra space in the envelope to the right, which is the back page.


and the back.

And just to give you another view- this album uses 5 envelopes and liners and 2 cards. - one of the pages is made by adhering the one card closed with the card 'front' of the second sandwiched between and the card 'back' adhered inside one of the envelope pockets. I just experimented a little, see what works for you.
  
My tip would be to assemble the envelopes in order before you glue anything in place!

I hope you get some time to be creative this week and share a photo of your project on our Facebook page. Happy crafting!

Before me this week is Judy
and Next this week is Monique


thanks so much for stopping by. Hop around and check out everyone's projects.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz


Product List

Comments

  1. Fabulous project Liz! Would love to see it filled in. Agree these cards need some stability but when they have it, they are super :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mini album! Stunning with the magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of these envelopes and cards, Liz. Never apologise for lots of photos, it's great to see all teh many gorgeous parts of such a project! THis looks like lots of fun to make, I'll have to try one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for