My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Monday, 5 January 2015

New stamps, New Year, and a sketch - FMS 167

Well with the New Year comes the pleasure of new stamps, which are available from tomorrow in the new Occasions Catalogue. I fell in love with the Love is Kindness stamp and it seemed a great image to use with the FMS  sketch 167



Of course I had to decorate the inside too!

I love the look of water colouring so I coloured the tulips with the aqua painter.and since tulips have a special meaning in our family it seemed perfect to make a birthday card and set of notecards for my Aunt's 80th birthday. Since it is such a special birthday I added a few extra details. The newspaper is cut out, distressed, and raised with a layer of tissue paper underneath, and I used a silver glitter gel pen to add some sparkle to the bulbs. the matching set of notecards is similar but not as detailed.
Tissue paper under newsprint piece adds reality.

thanks for looking, Liz




1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful! I love what you've done with the card for FMS -- the way you've pieced the sentiment and the newspaper wrapped around the bouquet. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz