Skip to main content

All the Good Things Best Wishes

I knew I had to have the All the Good Things Stampset as soon as I saw it in the catalogue. One of the sentiments in the set has been hanging on my laundry wall for the last 20 odd years. Most mothers spend plenty of time in the laundry so I have read this plaque at least daily, so naturally I had to have the set.(the Australian Institute for Family Studies produced a statistic last year that stay at home Mums spend on average 24 hours/wk on chores, so I guess I've seen it a lot.....)
Product List
These beautifully detailed stamps are part of the newer range of Stampin' Up! range of Distinktive stamps. You can see more information about them here

The Bonsai Tree really appealed to me and I have written another post with that image coming tomorrow.
But I also love the detail in the Koi.

I didn't know much about them but learnt a few things on this website - fun facts about koi
  • Koi fish symbolise persistence, determination, wealth, success, and good fortune
  • Koi fish are surprisingly intelligent. This allows koi parents to train their koi fish to eat from their hand and even ring a bell for a treat
  • Koi fish were originally brought to Japan as a food source
  • Koi fish were brought to the worlds attention after one was given to the Japanese emperor as a gift in 1914 to grace the imperial palaces mote.
  • Koi fish and Goldfish are distant cousins as they both decent from Carp, but goldfish came about long before koi fish did. 
My first card uses the smaller of the two, and the sentiment from Floral Frames. I love the splatter effect with the paintbrush, and I'm glad to see the Clear and Epoxy droplets back in the Christmas catalogue (p37). I think they look like bubbles.
 

I owe Carolyn Bennie a big thankyou for the inspiration for this card. I found her lovely card on Pinterest and she has a video with details on her blog here

  • Use Shimmery White Cardstock
  • The fish is stamped using Calypso Coral and utilising the Stamparatus to get a few layers for rich colour. Then using the stamparatus the fourth layer is Versamark and heat embossed with Clear powder.
  • Watercolour wash is Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay (always a favourite) and Blueberry Bushel. She's right that this blue adds a real punch.
  • I've then used the Dynamic Ruffled Embossing folder on both the background layer and the envelope flap - I do this quite often, it's easy and effective.
The main sentiment in this image lists all those qualities the Koi is supposed to represent.

The larger Koi and sentiment are a single stamp but don't be afraid to cut your stamps apart. I can easily put these together again to stamp as above but now my sentiment is also able to be used easily on the inside. The words are very close to the tail so use a craft knife rather than scissors.


I hope you do find all those good things in your life. I think this would be great for birthdays, graduation, thinking of you occasions.
Or just because ...

 I hope you have a creative week and remember,
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz
Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for