My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Mother's Day Cards using Manhattan Flower

Mother's Day cards are always fun to make because you can go overboard with beautiful things!!
I have used the Manhattan Flower embossed card in Whisper White and painted it with my Aqua Painter using Pretty in Pink ink. The inspiration for this card comes from a few different places I have seen on Splitcoast Stampers and various sites. I am very new to blogging but will try to attach the right links. I hope I don't offend anyone if I get it wrong. found it! http://anncraig.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/manhattan-flower-and-other-embossing.html
Anyway, I have layered the card on Night of Navy Cardstock, tied a matching pink organza ribbon around the rose layered with Navy Grosgrain ribbon and used a Hodgepodge Hardware Brad to anchor the bow. The sentiment is from Short and Sweet - a very versatile set - anchored with a Hodgepodge Frame.  (This too is no longer availalbe from Stampin Up but I can't bear to part with anything so I am using them up slowly - I'm sure you know what I mean).
I almost always decorate the inside as well and have stamped the Happy Mother's Day sentiment, along with the Fabulous Foliate Wheel ( this one is current!) in the Navy.



Thanks for looking, Lillybet

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz