My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Thursday, 22 August 2013

"Pink" birthday gift cards

My friend at work asked me for gift cards to give to 2 of her daughters who are travelling soon to a "Pink" concert and shopping trip for their birthdays. Naturally, I had to use pink so I chose two firm favourites - Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals to partner with the Modern Medley DSP. I was able to use some scrapbooking letters I had in the "useful box" and some long retired "Hodgepodge Hardware" for the decoration on the front.
Stamp sets include Curly Cute, Hodgepodge Happiness, Flower Shop and Vintage Verses.
I experimented with the gift pocket for the cash and was happy with the closures. I used 2 small sizes of circle punch as well as the artisan label punch. On the front I secured the circles in place with a mini brad. This gave an anchor for the thread to wind around, and on the inside i glued a second circle over the opened brad arms so that the notes wouldn't catch on them. Hope that is clear!?
I also used the Window Frames Framelits and The Chalk Talk Framelits for the nametags.
Anyway, My friend loved them so I hope her daughters are as happy. cheers, Liz




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz