My Stampin' Up! Home Page

My Stampin' Up! Home Page
Click on this image to go to My Stamping' Up! Home page, You can JOIN UP, SHOP and check my CALENDAR from here.

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Starting Father's Day for 2013

Have been trying to get ahead with some Father's Day cards- this is what we made at the last class.
I used the great new set Timeless Talk and stamped the image twice- once in Stazon black and once with Versamark which I heat embossed using the Pewter Powder ( a definite favourite!!) I cut out the gramophone horn and mounted it up slightly with dimensionals. The image fits well into the 21/2" circle punch. I used the clockworks background stamps to lay down a bit of colour on a scrap of Very Vanilla onto which I stamped the sentiment. It needed a bit of a lift so I ran the bottle top through the Bigshot to flatten it out.(Sadly they are now retired, but they were in the Summer Mini last year and I think they are perfect for male cards). I used a few strips of some Modern Medley DSP and layered the black image on a square of Very Vanilla 6cm x6cm. The background card is Tempting Turquoise, and the finishing texture is some jute string (ordinary household grade). The letters are from a retired alphabet set but they fit perfectly into the 3/4" punch and the repetition of the circles works well I think.
the girls had fun making these and they all looked great finished.
 We also did a few using the Penny Farthing stamp but I will have to post photos tomorrow.Thanks for looking, Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, Liz