Skip to main content

CTC#60 Final Case for 2015

Welcome back to the CASEing the Catty bloghop for our last Hop for 2015 where we are CASEing each other!!! That's a bit of a thrill since there are so many amazing projects when you start looking back.
It has been a wonderful experience to be part of the design team and I have learnt so much from so many talented crafters. Our lineup will change a little next year. but for this week we are each CASEing one of the design team members. I am CASEing Rebecca Scurr which is a challenge itself as she has created so many wonderful things over the year. I have had a lovely time going back over her posts and tossed around a few designs which I really loved. In the end I have combined two - some people say I have trouble making a decision......

Rebecca's post from July 24 "Oh how I love a Good Box" for the Gift Wrap and Packaging had 2 beautiful projects and I love both but the flower caught my attention,so I thought I would have a go at that. She described using white envelope paper. Since I don't have any I thought I would try the Typeset DSP paper as it is a similar weight.

It was a little bland so I spritzed it with some alcohol and melon mambo ink. But Ithink I prefer the plain white. Also once I made it up I realised her flower is made using the smaller petals whithout the scalloped edges. So guess what, I tried again!
I also wanted to CASE Rebacca's stunning cards from the Lighthearted Leaves project from November 8

So I addad a little tag to the gift. ( I did toy with sponging and stamping the whole box like some of the girls did in one of the recent Christmas editions, but time was against me...)
Rebecca was right it is hard to photograph the box!!
and just to show you the size comparison 

I think I prefer the smaller flower and the whisper White cardstock wasn't too hard to use but I suspect you would need a fair bit of water spritzed onto regular cardstock. 
So Thankyou Rebecca for encouraging me to play some more with this very under-utilised die.

As it turns out we ended up with a gap in the bloghop link so I have had the pleasure of CASEing a second designer - Alison Barclay from Gothdove Designs. Alison also has lots of amazing projects but I settled on August 14 where she showcased some gorgeous DSP- this gave me the chance to play with my new Beautiful Birthday pack from the coming catalogue.

So this is a Sneak Peek for you.
It's a beautiful pack of paper, and I love the fresh graphics and colours. I also used the coming watermelon wonder satin ribbon- but I didn't quite read the description (must have been too excited reading the catty) and it's not actually narrow, this is folded in half and glued together!

This is a super quick layout and such a great way to use DSP that I'll definitely use it again.

So a big thankyou to all of you who have supported our Bloghop this year, I wish you and your family a beautiful Christmas and a relaxing holiday. I hope you get plenty of time to be creative- it's so good for the soul. We look forward to sharing lots of creative inspiration with you in 2016..... Just wait till you see the next catalogue, it is amazing.


The next step on the blog today is Rebecca, I'm looking forward to seeing what she chose to CASE and create.

Thanks so much for stopping by here,
Merry Christmas



Liz


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous, Liz and the spritzing gives a nice effect. I'm also very keen on the new DSP, the CASE of Alison's card is terrific too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments! Your flowers are much better!! Love it in the typeset DSP. And I love your take of Alison's card, I can't wait to play with that DSP. Thanks for being a part of the Crew this year. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm in awe of your organisation & ability to make 3 gorgeous projects, Elizabeth! I have a few gifts to make yet so I might just have to get out my Bigz Bouquet die & give these flowers a go. They look so elegant & fancy on the boxes! Thanks for being part of the CTC team, I have thoroughly enjoyed your projects each week & look forward to seeing more in the new year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like your CASE of Alison's card, Elizabeth. It is a great layout and love the sneak peak of the new products. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've been busy Liz!! Love the boxes but can't go past that gorgeous card at the end. I have that paper still sealed in the pack but now I'm itching to go and open it up. Thanks for all your inspiration this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers and I LOVE LOVE how you CASEd my card!! Looks so fabulous in those colours with that new DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....and Merry Christmas to you and your family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy at this time of the year, the boxes are beautiful as is the card using some new products. I have loved joining the Crew this year and are always inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects, Liz. The dimensional flowers are fabulous & the matching tag is sweet. Your CASE of Alison's card is awesome. Love how you have given this DSP a rustic feel with the addition of sponging, burlap & crumbcake cardstock. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing selection of gorgeous CASEs - Thanks! Love your addition of colour onto elements of the projects. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THank you so much for showing the size comparison of the flowers - I didn't realise they were so different!! Love the box, and the new goodies are very tempting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for