Skip to main content

GDP #13 a Challenging colour Challenge

It's been so long since I was able to participate in a challenge but I have really enjoyed looking at all the entries each week in the Global Design Project. The design team are amazing and I have learnt quite a lot from the sidelines. But this week I'm just jumping in while I can.

It's a colour challenge with old olive so a real Challenge for me as it's my least favourite green!
 I have gone with some simple sponging and a random pattern using the large dots stencil sheet and a sponge dauber. The little flowers are stamped on vellum in real red, and the ink is on the reverse,  and the sentiment is from the Sheltering Tree set. I watched a You tube clip recently on making your own enamel dots from paper. (found the link, it was the Frugal crafter), its' so easy and it worked! punch out small circles of paper, burnish them with your scoring tool into a dome then heat emboss them with 2 layers of clear embossing powder, bingo! Not sure if you can see the shimmering edges to the olive circles?



I played with white edges to the bouncing balls but  ended up highlighting them with Wink of Stella - I love, love, love this product and it's coming in the new catalogue hooray.

Thanks for looking,

Liz



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Wow, so many techniques on one little card! Liz, the enamel dots are fabulous! I love the varying depth you have achieved with you spot stencil and the flowers and heart are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Paula, Sponging is still one of the best tricks in the book!

      Delete
  2. Such a great quick-and-easy card. Love the arrangement of green dots and the way you've included the homegrown enamel dots and other shapes. Such a great card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's color challenge for the Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, its fun to play along when there is so much great inspiration at GDP. Loved your colouring of DSP too - a neat trick, couldn't quite include it here

      Delete
  3. Love these dots. The colors look so vibrant and fun. Thanks for playing with Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...