Skip to main content

CI09 Denim and Cherry Richness

Welcome back for another round of Colour INKspiration this week, and a big welcome to Fi Cobbin who is our guest designer for this week.
I just love the inspiration pic this week - so many luscious images in there, and I once I started playing I quickly realised that this is one of my favourite colour combinations so far. 
We have a friend's (significant) birthday this weekend so it had to be a birthday card, but I have left the numbers off there! She's not a frills and fussy person so that ruled out flowers - which is itself an instant challenge for me!  But I loved the richness of the pool party backgrounds in all the photos so that was my starting point. I created 2 watercolour wash backgrounds - one on Watercolour paper and the other on Shimmery White. Then I stamped the solid leaf image using pool party but I spritzed the stamp before applying to the wet paper.  In real life the colour is a bit more intense, and I was really happy with it. Pool Party is one of those colours that somehow just makes me happy!


There are a myriad of circles and leaves in the inspriation picture and they just took me on a little flight of fancy.
This card has a sneak peak of a new Stamp set coming with the new Catalogue in June- you can purchase this set before then if you are a demonstrator- or if you sign up as a new demonstrator before June 1 and join my team - the CQ Paperlover's Crew.
 For the leaf images I tried the 'rock and roll' technique but somehow my ink edges on the solid image stamp were a bit blunt and angular  - looked more like a "rock and block" effect so I softened that by using the Stampin' Write marker ( I think I remember that being called the "Thumping Technique".)

At any rate I ended up with a 2 tone leaf which lent itself to some detail overstamping. The Colorful Seasons stamp set really does lend itself to lots of creativity and artsy play!
There's a dinky little tiny circle image which just needed some Cherry! This card was lots of fun to make. And since it is for a special birthday I made it into an Easel card.


A group of us a heading away for a special lunch and a rugby game to celebrate the occasion so "We're gonna have a good time " seemed perfect! The Big on Birthdays stamp set is really fabulous.
 

I love the look you can achieve with water and ink on the Shimmery White so I had to make that into a card also, which is similar but different.



The Seasonal Layers thinlits cut out very intricate leaves and I had to tie one onto this card.


And of course the inside should never be naked either.


Thanks so much for looking this week. I really hope you get inky yourself with these gorgeous colours and post a picture of your creation to our Facebook group.

Next on the hop this week is Denita- she's always got amazingness in her projects.


and remember

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"

Liz




Comments

  1. Fab cards Liz. I really love the spritzing then stamping and your use of the lemon slice stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou - but the lemon slice image - the little citrus circle actually comes in the Colorful Seasons set! How cute is that.

      Delete
  2. The cherry circles are gorgeous and I'm loving the watercolour backgrounds on both :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Elizabeth. I just love those leaves, and the die cut is amazing. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a gorgeous use of the colours Liz. Love your water colouring technique x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colours in your beautiful leafy creation Liz! Favourite combination so far - I love how diverse we all are in our creativity! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous effect Liz. Love the way these colours have blended so beautifully. A fab technique card and l'm sure much appreciated by the recipient. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for