Skip to main content

CTC#127 Favourite Retired Item - how does one choose?

Welcome back for another round of CTC. This week we are saying a sad  Farewell to some Retiring Products. It's such a long list of lovely items leaving us this year so it was hard to pick a favourite. So I have combined a few of my favourite things.



Penned and Painted has to be one of my favourite sets in the catalogue -it's just so easy to use and so versatile. So this week I went back to the catalogue to refresh my memories of how they have used the set and I CASE'd a few of their ideas.

I like the ribbon treatment as a loop under the embellishment, I also like the simplicity of each card, and I liked the block of colour made up using the row of dots stamp so that was my inspiration.

My favourite colour has to be MINT MACARON, so sad that it is leaving as it's so soft and versatile. So I have used the ink, some ribbon, some of the gorgeous mini striped ribbon too.  Tin of Cards is another set I will really miss,and Kraft cardstock will also be a big loss from the new catalogue- however I have made plenty of cards using Kraft, Lace embossing and the blossom from Penned and Painted and you can see those other samples in recent posts.



I was also reminded about stitching on cards this week with the current challenge at Just Add Ink, so I was keen to get my sewing machine back into use. Such a lovely touch.



It's been a busy week and is inly going to get busier so I'll finish thie here, Thanks for looking - I hope you find some time for creativity this week and can share a picture of your work wiht us on our Facebook page. 



You'll find the full crew Here


Before me this week is my friend Rebecca, who not only does beautiful creations but does lots of tireless work behind the scenes keeping this blog and the Facebook page running smoothly. We are so lucky to have her.


and next this week is Kelly, Can't wait to see what she has whipped up this week.



If you need any of the retiring products on your collection you are running out of time to add them to your stash- just click on any of the images below to take you to my online store.

and remember -

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"

Liz




Comments

  1. Everytime I see stitching on a card I love the look of it! Your card is beautiful Liz, and I love all of it! Love that cute little lady bug on the other one too!! You've shown off the Mint Macaron to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet compliment, my lovely friend! Love your cards this week, although I have to admit that I don't think I've even noticed that stamp set!! eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty case, the ribbon adds a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Gorgeous colours, so soft & pretty! Thanks for joining the JAI stitching challenge too. I think the texture that stitching adds is so special! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the cutest Liz! I love the clean style and pretty colours and your stitching completes it perfectly! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - great CAS card - I like how simply effective this card is. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've used the stitching to hold your ribbon in place. The spotted background is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stitching really does add something to the cards. I am constantly blown away by how many of the images I just haven't noticed in the catalogue even though I look closely each week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for