Skip to main content

CTC#160 Picture Perfect Party

Welcome back for the start of a new year. Hooray for a new catalogue and new products. I'm also the proud owner of the new STAMPARATUS and I used it to quickly whip up 4 bright birthday cards. (for more details on why I am a lucky owner see this post), It really is amazing. This is a very picture heavy post because I wanted to show you some tips with using it which I found helpful. 



This week we are CASEing from pages 4-9 of the new Occasions Catalogue, and this is my inspiration layout on page 6 (top left)
  • a coloured card base
  • a panel of DSP ( I used the new bright and fun Bubbles and Fizz -free Sale-a Bration product)
  • a solid colour wide strip with the sentiment extending over the edge of the panel of DSP
  • a white circle with a focal image, and a narrow horizontal element
  • some bling in matching colours

The movable panels on the side of the STAMPARATUS  baseplate allow you to do multiple pieces and have them positioned the same. I took a 10 cm strip of A4 card and placed it in the corner, and stamped the sentiment, then moved the plate down one notch  ( ie 1 inch) and repeated, then I rotated the card 180 degrees and repeated the process, that way the sentiments were all evenly spaced the same distance apart, and once trimmed with only 2 slices on the trimmer the 4 pieces were identical!





Similarly I rotated the large piece of card in the base 4 times as I stamped each part of the candles. Then when it was all finished I ran it through the bigshot with the stitched circle framelit.


Assembly went together very quickly.



I punched out some of the mini circle design elements from the DSP and layered each on a silver foil circle and put the small Happy Birthday sentiment flag behind each one. (This was to copy the focal image of the horizontal piece of twine in the original, which I think gives the whole card balance).

And finally, I hate to throw away pieces of DSP and I love to decorate the inside of the card so this is a technique I often use.
  • get a piece of scrap cardstock as wide as you need (it doesn't need to be a perfect shape)
  • cover it with a coating of Tombow glue spread across the face
  • layer the strips in a random order side by side so that they take up the whole piece
  • trim into strips (1.5cm wide for this card)
  • use them to decorate your card insert ( Or envelope, or card front- I have more samples under the label- using paper scraps of DSP if you are interested)






A tiny strip of narrow silver washi (love these) was just right to bring the silver from the front into the inside.
And there you have a quick bright fun set. The Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set has loads of great sentiments even if you are not into party blowers and ribbon pompom things.

If you'd like to play with the Stamparatus you are welcome to come along to one of my classes because I know my team and customers are just going to love it. Message me for details if you'd like to join in.

I hope you get a chance to create something this week inspired by the same pages in the catalogue- it doesn't need to be new papers or stampsets - we'd love to see what you create and share with us on our Facebook page.

Next this week is Angela
and 
before me this week is Kelly


I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Love the decorating of the inside of the card tip! Thanks for sharing Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!! I especially love your faux washi look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Liz. Thanks for sharing all the tips! I have so many of those strips - I love how you've used them on the inside of the cards. Clever!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome set of cards and production less labour intensive with the amazing Stamparatus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your tips on how you used the Stamparatus, so excited for Feb to rock around. Lovely cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of cards, it looks like the stamparatus had a really good work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of cards Liz and thanks for all your tips x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and great tips too, especially what you did with the strip of DSP! Reminds me to be more creative with them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards, but I LOVE your tip for using up those little scraps of DSP! I have so many and now I know just what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of cards Liz - inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Liz - this is a great go-to layout. And wow the insides of your cards like spectacular with those DSP pieces and the silver washi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cleverness and creativity and awesomeness all rolled into one! Go you! I love it all totally but especially the DSP tip. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, Liz and I love how you showed the use of the Stamparatus to make it even quicker. I love decorating the inside of my cards and your strippy border looks fabulous. Will definitely be CASE-ing that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards! The inside decoration is a great way to use scraps & looks fantastic. Can't wait to get my Stamparatus so I can try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for