Skip to main content

Enduring Beauty hello cards.

I have not been very good at posting the projects we have made at classes this year - and now it's past the Winter Solstice already and so the days should start getting longer again! 

So here's a few projects from card classes earlier this year.

This was a class using the fabulous Enduring Beauty Masks and blending brushes. No dies were used for this, and we didn't use the coordinating stampset - I wanted to show what you can do with just the decorative masks. There are 5 masks in total and although they are numbered 1-5, I tend to do all the flower parts in one go and then both of the leaf masks next. When you start your blending mark the location of the notch so you know where to position the next mask and which way to orientate it. You need to manually place it in the best position before you start adding ink. Some low tack tape is useful to hold the mask in place for this.

MY two cards use Starry Sky and Lost Lagoon, and then Fresh Freesia and Lost Lagoon and I used Moody Mauve for the central stamens to add some definition.




The Perennial Postage dies were useful for the largest piece to create the feature panel, and I layered this on a solid colour of coordinating cardstock to match. The sentiments were from random sets and I chose them because they did not take up too much space covering the beautiful flowers. 
I loved being able to use the masks as a stand alone  product.



Unfortunately the Perennial Postage stampset is now retired but these were great sentiments.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

Funky Folds Blog Hop= a Bay window card using Country Flowers

Well it's been a very long time since I participated in a blog hop - and it feels good to be participating in a FUNKY FOLDS hop. You may have come from Jan McQueen's creation, or you may be starting here. Be sure and hop all the way around. I do love Fancy Fold cards and of course with a new catalogue and new products it is fun to be creating again. I have a big weekend retreat coming up in a few weeks and we are using the Country Flowers Stamp set so I am creating a swag of samples. Since time is such a precious commodity for all of us I am using some old favourite folds with new products - a whole new lease on life. For this week's hop I am revisiting the Bay Window Card. The front tri-panel piece bends forward and tucks in behind the little anchor which is fixed to the inside. Your card will stand up unaided. This is it with the edge tucked under the anchor. You can find the measurements and instructions and several previous samples on these pages. Today's card featu