Skip to main content

Gate Fold Card Enduring Beauty

This card is very easy to make but the interesting fold always packs a punch for being slightly different.


The important part is to adhere the right gate piece ( right flap ), with the 2 cm tab aligned on the right edge of the cardbase before adding the internal white mat to cover the tab. Be sure to have the score line evenly lined up with the right card edge.


I like to make myself a template of card designs that I think I'll reuse, as I find a visual with measurements is easiest to cut and prepare - especially if I am going to do multiples.
Front- closed
Inside open
view from back - open

I like to put a little stopper to hold the "gate" closed. In this case it is a little punched tag shape but it could be a tag, a heart, a flower, anything that matches. Place a dimensional on the left side only of the stopper so that the right side of the tag is free to hold the gate closed by tucking the edge under.

You can decorate both flaps with either DSP or embossed panels or stamped panels, the possibilities are endless.

For this version I have applied ink with a blending brush over a mask to the left side panel. I have embossed the vanilla background with an embossing folder. The central feature is the beautiful flowers.. These are created using the Enduring Beauty Decorative Masks using blending brushes and Poppy Parade and Soft Sea Foam ink. The outline image is stamped using Pebbled Path ink and the Enduring Beauty Stampset , and then the entire shape is cut with the Enduring Beauty dies.



I hope you give this card a go, it's a very versatile layout and quite simple.


I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

Funky Folds Blog Hop= a Bay window card using Country Flowers

Well it's been a very long time since I participated in a blog hop - and it feels good to be participating in a FUNKY FOLDS hop. You may have come from Jan McQueen's creation, or you may be starting here. Be sure and hop all the way around. I do love Fancy Fold cards and of course with a new catalogue and new products it is fun to be creating again. I have a big weekend retreat coming up in a few weeks and we are using the Country Flowers Stamp set so I am creating a swag of samples. Since time is such a precious commodity for all of us I am using some old favourite folds with new products - a whole new lease on life. For this week's hop I am revisiting the Bay Window Card. The front tri-panel piece bends forward and tucks in behind the little anchor which is fixed to the inside. Your card will stand up unaided. This is it with the edge tucked under the anchor. You can find the measurements and instructions and several previous samples on these pages. Today's card featu