Skip to main content

Sneak Peak Changing Leaves Online Exclusive 3D folder coming July 3 for Colour INKspiration #168

I have a new colour palette here for the latest Colour INKspiration challenge, AND I have some brand new stamps, dies and 3D embossing folder. I just HAD to play along this week.
How is it already June? .... the END of June? I'm so happy I got a project together for this week's challenge, it's been too long since I could commit to participating.

As a Demonstrator one of the perks is getting new stuff before it is officially available to the public. You can get this set early too, if you are already a demonstrator, or you join my team and put this in your starter kit. 
I am always drawn to nature sets, and particularly leaves as I sold my last set and then regretted it!

Changing Leaves has 3 leaf image stamps which are a good size for a feature on your card, and 5 sentiment stamps in a simple uncluttered font. There are dies to cut the outlines of the 3 leaves ( in one large single die ) 3 stitched labels and a few detailed leaf dies, as well as a smaller cluster of 3 tiny leaves in one branch.  It's a gorgeous set, but the real catch for me is the 3D embossing folder which is a hybrid. This means that you can emboss and diecut all in one pass through your diecut machine.


I stamped the large leaf in versamark and heat embossed with clear powder on Basic Beige cardstock. I then blended Lost Lagoon over the whole leaf. The medium leaf cluster was stamped onto white cardstock and heat embossed with gold powder, then Daffodil Delight and Cajun Craze were blended over the gold leaves before cutting them out.  I also used this panel of coloured card for the sentiment. I love the oval edges on the label die. I cut a few small leaves in gold shimmer, and the skeleton leaves in Lost Lagoon, which I made darker by blending more Lost Lagoon ink on top.
With the last of the Lost Lagoon ink on the blending brush I also added a little colour and definition to the embossed DSP panel for the background. The definite ridges of the leaves caught the Lost Lagoon ink from some very gentle brushing. I think you can see the gorgeous detail in this next photo.
The embossed background is some Basic Beige DSP from the Country Lace pack.


The text and a few tiny accents bring in the Real Red


This lovely colour combination was from an image selected by team member Bernie Roodt. Picture Credit goes to https://erudera.com/germany/german-culture/


This week we welcome Sharon Dalton as our guest designer. I know her style is detailed and has lots of lovely layers. I can't wait to see what she has created.
You can create a project with these colours too and share it with us on our Facebook Group. It's very easy. You can find more details about the guidelines on the page.

We'd love to see what you are inspired to produce.

Don't forget to order your set of the Changing Leaves 3D Hybrid embossing folder on July 3rd. OR message me if you want to order it early!

Happy stamping

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

Funky Folds Blog Hop= a Bay window card using Country Flowers

Well it's been a very long time since I participated in a blog hop - and it feels good to be participating in a FUNKY FOLDS hop. You may have come from Jan McQueen's creation, or you may be starting here. Be sure and hop all the way around. I do love Fancy Fold cards and of course with a new catalogue and new products it is fun to be creating again. I have a big weekend retreat coming up in a few weeks and we are using the Country Flowers Stamp set so I am creating a swag of samples. Since time is such a precious commodity for all of us I am using some old favourite folds with new products - a whole new lease on life. For this week's hop I am revisiting the Bay Window Card. The front tri-panel piece bends forward and tucks in behind the little anchor which is fixed to the inside. Your card will stand up unaided. This is it with the edge tucked under the anchor. You can find the measurements and instructions and several previous samples on these pages. Today's card featu