Skip to main content

CTC 131- at last it's here! Lets go CASEing

Well I'm so excited to be CASEing images and products from the New Catalogue. Welcome to CASEing the Catty this week where we are using the Everyday Occasions Section (p18-65) of the New Catalogue as inspiration. We can use a card layout, colour combination, embellishment or project as a launch pad for our own creation.
Next weekend is my full day Stamping Retreat and Catalogue launch and I have been busy planning and preparing for that ( well in between work and real life etc).

The catalogue really does have a wealth of wonderful  inspiration projects from very simple to quite complex.
This month I need SIMPLE! And what could be more simple than letting the gorgeous papers speak for themselves with a tiny bit of stamping.

When I first saw the "Pick a Pattern DSP" I didn't really give it a second glance, but now that I have it in my collection I'm so glad. It is a really fun suite on pages 40-41. I think it will have a lot of appeal to all ages but especially great for teenagers

 

These are the colours in the pack. Very easy to work with.

I have chosen the sweet card at the top of page 40 to CASE this week. 


Here's the recipe for SIMPLE
  • simple randomly placed tone on tone background stamping with tiny images
  • a large circle of DSP
  • a strip or 2 of contrasting DSP ( scraps are great for this)
  • a stamped sentiment punched out and layered up

Here's the recipe for STEPPED UP (but its' still very simple)
  • simple randomly placed tone on tone background stamping with tiny images
  • add a few extra images in a second colour
  • a large circle of DSP
  • mat the circle onto a nesting circle of card
  • a strip or 2 of contrasting DSP ( scraps are great for this)
  • piece of ribbon looped over and stapled
  • a stamped sentiment punched out
  • mat the sentiment on a nesting circle of card and layer up
Here they are side by side, and the inside also


It was so easy I had to see what some of the other papers looked like from the set.
I'm also going to CASE the pretty pink floral box for another day. Be sure and subscribe to my blog so you'll catch that post too later this week.



Such fun papers. Have you seen some of the other amazing papers that are available?
Here's a fun little peak.But you can get a catalogue from me if you'd like the real thing!


There are so many wonderful inspiration pics in the catalogue, maybe you'd like to be part of the Awesome Team? We are calling for new designers to join the team so be sure and check out the Facebook page for more details.


Next up this week is my beautiful friend Krissy


And before me this week is Rachel, be sure to click on the links and tour all of the designers pages.

We'd love to see what you create using pages 18-65 this week Join us on this fun journey of creativity.

Thanks for looking, and remember 

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"

Liz

Comments

  1. Love it - and love the simple and stepped up versions - what a brilliant idea!! I've overlooked these cards because I'm not a fan of the suite, but I will definitely be looking again now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Elizabeth! I always love how you have a stepped up version too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Liz. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have the paper and love it, but didn't think I needed the stamp set... til now! Gorgeous display of how well they work together Liz! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Liz. Now I'm looking forward to your Stamping Retreat & Catty Launch even more!! Ahhh! Like you, I didn't really give that DSP a second thought but I'm so curious now. Thank you for showing us the simple & stepped up versions, both look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this the cutest paper! Thanks for sharing a simple and then a stepped up version. Love it!! Good luck at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Liz, its funny how easy it is to miss great little cards in some of the catalogue images. Your collection also shows how different cards can look just by changing up the colours and DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dare I say it but you've certainly improved on the original! I love all those different elements in this DSP. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, so looking forward Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love your cards, Liz. This was my least favourite suite, but will have to take a closer look now. My favourite is the one with the pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...