Skip to main content

CTC#110 -Party Animal Suite, Quick and Easy cards and tags

Welcome back to the New Year and New Stamp sets!!
And a big Welcome to Mel Pagano - our newest designer. Be sure and visit her blog on the hop and leave her a happy hello comment.
How exciting that the New Occasions Catalogue is now available. This week we kick off the Celebrations with Birthdays!!! - You can never have enough birthday cards. After all the fuss of Christmas January always seems a good time to takes things simply. So todays' cards use a simple design - straight from the Catalogue.

The beauty of the Birthday Celebrations set is that it coordinates with the Ballon Builder Punch- so if you don't yet own a Bigshot you can still create gorgeous cards with this set. This simply uses the punch and some patterned DSP.  To step it up you can emboss the base card, or add some DSP which is what I did for card#2. I'm using the current In Colours to create a bunch of samples at the moment, they are so bright and fresh.


This version uses DSP from the Sale-A Bration set Carried Away. , and one of the new metallic and masculine Embellishments.


 But if you don;t have the new set you can still use the same layout with your existing stamps, like this example using Vertical Greetings.


And then because I had the bigshot and thinlits out I wanted to explore what to do with some of the other thinlits, so I created a few tags. These were quick and easy and used 5cm strips of varying lengths. The DSP is called Cupcakes and Carousels and is a fun new Colour Palette which I would not have thought to combine.


These were fun. Now you can have fun hopping round the circle to see all the fabulous creations by the CTC team. ON the circle you have come from Kathryn, but you can find the full crew here.





Starting this week we now have a Facebook page where you can enter your creation and join in the fun. We'd love to see what you are inspired to make from this week's topic. You don't need to have a blog you can creat a project and upload your photo to the group if you are a member. If you would like to join our group we'd love to have you. You'll find the link HERE or you can click on the banner below to take you there.

thanks for looking, 
Liz





Comments

  1. Your cards look great!! Love the set of tags as well. I love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards and tags. They all look great and they all are a great way to show off a case from the catty. Love the different colours and ideas. Did you hand draw the balloon strings? Or is that one of the stamps in the set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strings are in the sett Julia. It's such an easy set to use

      Delete
  3. Love the flexibility of this layout, Liz. Such a great set of cards and the tags look fabulous with the bow top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, The tags were really fun. It's a great layout for a class

      Delete
  4. You were very inspired this week, Liz. Those tags are gorgeous, as are all your cards.Great examples to show what CASE-ing is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Liz, but I have to say I adore those tags! They look amazing. I can't wait until I get my DSP to play with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DSP IS beautiful - and I love it much more than I thought at first glance

      Delete
  6. PS - Thanks for the welcome xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects Liz - you are so clever! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how changing the colours can change the whole look of a card ! These are great as are your tags !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it always surprises me too how much that can change things.

      Delete
  9. What a versatile layout, Liz. I love the really girly feel the flirty flamingo card has, I bet your other in colour ones are just as pretty. The tags look super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woweee! You have been busy. Fabbo examples for this section of the catty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've shown us several options with this layout! So versatile! The Cupcakes and Carousel DSP is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for