Skip to main content

CTC#111 Sale-A Bration - such an exciting time of year!


Welcome to the CASEing the Catty bloghop for this week where we are taking inspiration from any of the fabulous projects available in the new Sale-A-Bration catalogue.
I wasn't sure where to start so thought I would have a go at one of the kits!


I cut up one of the cards to make this cute box

The kits come with everything to make a sweet set of 8 notecards.  They don't however, come with the pool party ribbon - I added that in, was well as the enamel dots, and the paper doily( in the two I designed different from the set).
I made up half copying the pattern but had a play with some other stamp sets in my collection for  two of the others. One of them  I even turned inside out so that the spots are on the outside.
made following the pattern
This kit uses colours from the Subtles range, so if you purchased some subtle pens, some subtle card and some subtles enamel dots or coordinating ribbon you would be well on your way to spending $90 and earning the kit for free.
made playing with things I already had
I added the Lace doilies, the petite petals flowers, the enamel dots and I coloured the white baker's twine with So Saffron ink here.

I cut up one of the cards and used an extra piece of Pool Party Cardstock (18 x 18.8cm) to create the box. I will say that it is a snug fit and the envelopes are on a little angle- so a set of 4 in the box is plenty. The dimensions are in the photo below if you would like to make your box the same size as this one. It is 3 cm deep. If you used two of the pockets joined together you would have quite a deep square box.
The kits are great but you can certainly play with all the elements and make them your own. have fun!


Next on the blog is Kelly,

But if you go back you will find Kathryn

If you would like to show us one of your creations inspired by the fabulous Sale A Bration kits you can load your photo onto the Facebook Page here.

If you get lost you can find the full crew here.
 

thanks so much for looking,
Liz





Comments

  1. What a fabulous project. Thankyou for the hints and measurements. You've done such a great job, I think I might case this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used the kit to create the box. Looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box Elizabeth! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the kit to make a box ! Looks fab !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kit is pretty nice on its own but your ideas to upgrade it are even neater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These kits were not on my wish list, but your ideas together with some other examples are now included on my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done with the kit, Elizabeth. The box makes it into a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...