Skip to main content

Shameless CASE of Design Team Member Kelly Kent and her gorgeous cactus!!

I was lucky enough to receive a gorgeous handmade Birthday Card last year from Kelly Kent- one of the Design Team Members at both CASEing the Catty and Colour INKspirtation.

You can find the facebook pages for each of these groups by clicking on the icons below.



Kelly was a display stamper at Brisbane ONSTAGE this year and had the
 Oh So Succulent set to play with before we all saw it.
I loved her card and have shamelessy CASE'd it.

 This is Kelly's card:


and this is mine!




 I used one of the panels I made in my Sponge and Splash technique when I was creating for the Colour INKspiration challenge using the pastels. I made a whole stack of background pieces and Kelly's cactus seemed like a good way to use one of them. You can read my technique notes on that post here
 - click on the photo.





and here they both are, side by side!

I hand cut a freeform 'pot' and rubbed it with the stylus from behold for a bit of shape, then sponged it with Wisteria Wonder ink using the sponge daubers
The Oh so Succulent stampset and matching framelits are beautiful, and the framelits make it a dream to create. There are loads of pinterest samples around. Do check out Pinterest for more ideas. (Kelly and I are both on there)

Thanks for looking,
I have one more rainbow panel to share another day,
Liz



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...