Thursday, 27 June 2013

Lucky Limeade Retiring Colour with Million Dollar Moments

Trying very hard to get to play with some new products, only problem is the accumulated samples and trials on my desk, so I am slowly clearing away the pile of unfinished ideas, being very disciplined and finishing each one. 
I have had these PoolParty gals on my desk for so long!
I love this retired DSP and have teamed it with some Lucky Limeade Cardstock, various ribbon trims,brads, buttons and bows and some embroidery thread. I am quite happy with how they turned out because I have been avoiding them for ages.

Each card has a strip of Pool Party C'ordinations cardstock embossed using the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder, which is then trimmed using the Large Scallop Edgelits and then sanded to give the 2 tone effect which I really love.The stamped image is from the Million Dollar Moments set and it is cut with the Ovals Framelits. I used different sentiments and embellishments for detail.

The hearts and the umbrella have little highlights using a silver Gel pen, and the bow is secured with a pool party button and some linen thread.

I really love the daisy from the Best of Flowers set. Not just because it is a great size and looks quite lifelike with its asymmetrical petals, but because it coordinates perfectly with the 11/4" scallop punch.
Neither of these products is retiring, nor is the delicate designs EF and matching framelit so you will see more of them in future posts. Stampin' Up! certainly make it so easy with so many coordinating products to use together.
You can hop onto the Stampin Up site from the shop now button above and order some for yourself.
Thanks for Looking, Liz

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Lattice Die and some simple flowers

Two super easy cards using the lattice die and Calypso coral cardstock, using one and a half die cuts on the wedding card - layered onto Sahara Sand cardstock, and the other half on the birthday card. It takes a few simple snips to maintain the curve on the smaller piece. Then you can cover the join with a strip of DSP (from Epic Day series) or ribbon - White Taffeta and some bakers twine.
The flowers are fantastic because the daisy from the Best of Flowers Set coordinates perfectly with the 11/4" scallop punch.  The sentiments are a sneak peak from the new Artisan Label shape set.  Oh and of course a bit of Washi Tape (also super easy to use) from the Epic Day series. If you would like to purchase any of these great items please see the shop now button at the top left of this page - or email me, I'm happy to help. Thanks for looking,  Liz

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Patchwork Quilt Themed Cards, great way to use up Paper scraps

Using up retired DSP, don't even remember the exact name of this Bella series. Red, Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette make a great combination
 Also uses the lace ribbon border punch which retired a while ago.
 Soft ribbon roses from the flower trim are also gone, I will miss them.
using up some Baja Breeze cardstock, some Attic Boutique Collection DSP and 2 of the sets of squares are stamped with the Elements of Style images. 

Baja Breeze, Garden Green Elements of Style stampset and buttons embosslits. One non SU paper
My latest class making patchwork inspired cards.
 The DSP is Fan Fair which is soon retiring, Island indigo ink for this one,
 the red version is in the top photo with the trio of cards.
I loved how everyone had slightly different versions,
with different emphasis on where the solid coloured segments should go

Lattice Die, Baja Breeze and Buttons Embosslits
Inchies make great patchwork and use up small scraps very effectively. I had lots of fun mixing and matching different patterns.
For some cards i sponged the edges of each square before adhering to the base layer.
once assembled I ran the patchwork through the Bigshot with an Embossing Folder with a detailed texture to give the appearance of a quilt.
Spectacularly easy!!!
thanks for looking, Liz

Monday, 3 June 2013

Bravo Burgundy French Foliage and the AquaPainter Cards

Using up some retiring products and I remember how much I do like Bravo Burgundy. I stamped it onto Very vanilla in the leaf and french script images  from French foliage and used the Aqua Painter to soften the colours. It was surprising just how pink and rich the watercoloured images were. The leaf image then required a bit more depth so has some silver highlights added with a gel pen. Extra leaves were stamped and cut out with Always Artichoke, extra sponging in Crumb Cake added a bit more depth. some Linen Thread, buttons and simple sentiments were used to finish it all off. Thanks for looking, L

silver highlights on the leaf