Skip to main content

We Stamp for Lara week 3 Colour Challenge - a tough combination! and a Fancy Fold

well sometimes the internet is agin me!
Just lost a whole post ( and an hour or two, aaarrrggghhh!!!)
so this will be better!

My entry for WSFL colour Challenge certainly did challenge me as the Crisp Cantaloupe is a terrible colour ( in my humble opinion)

In decided that since all my other entries for WSFL
 have used the Hello Love stamp set that I should do that again,
 which was easy since it's a great set.

This Fancy Fold Card is easy and fits in a standard envelope.




The base is 3 x 7"
Score at 1 3/4" and 5 1/4" and also score 3/8" from each end. The glue strip goes on these little flaps.
Fold the two side flaps to meet in the centre
Decorate a large panel for the front, I cut mine out using the largest of the Window Frames collections and then cut it directly down the Centre, Adhere each half to the card base on those little flaps.The inside panel for the greeting is 31/8 ' square.
I used the Burlap ribbon and trimmed it down to fit in the button (retired), and used some of the threads to decorate the inside panel. I Love this technique and use it all the time, and I was glad it was included in the WSFL techniques - #15. I also separated the Thick Baker's Twine in the Cantaloupe to tie the knot. this gives texture without too much bulk. I did use the Crisp Cantaloupe with the Blender Pen to colour the birdie's belly on the inside.
The crumb cake panels still needed a little depth so I used the fabulous strip of dots from Painted Petals to do that.
All in all I am happy with the end result but ti sure did test me to put those colours together!

As always I try to make 2 of the same (in an effort to save time and consolidate techniques - its a theory, nothing seems to be quick today). So here is my first version, not as successful because the framelit from Deco Labels was a bit small,  but I do love the new Crazy About You set!



well it has taken me ages, but I finally found the tutorial, you can see it here

thanks for looking, Liz




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...