Skip to main content

Colour INKspirtion #25 a New Year and New Toys


Welcome to the First 2015 blog for Colour INKspiration, I hope your Christmas and New Year have been amazing.  We start the year with a bright fresh colour palette.And I started the year needing a thankyou card or 2 - so I pulled out my minitreat thinlits set and made one using new paper and stamps, and one using older paper and stamps. Here they are both side by side.

 

I'm still not totally sold on Lemon Lime Twist as a colour although it is used very widely. Perhaps it just doesn't photograph very well. I prefer the cardstock once it is sponged with the same ink to give that deeper more intense colour. So that is what I have done to the leaf spray ( the second spray is cut from DSP) 


Both the DSP and the ribbon and sequins used in this project are new in the Tutti-frutti Suite. The paper is a cute little 6x6 stack with geometric type designs on one side and fruit patterns on the reverse. The Sequins are already self adhesive and come in a range of colours in the pack which is super handy, and the mini striped ribbon is really lovely too. I used the stamps from the new Petal Palette set and the matching framelits which are going to be so very versatile. The little bird is very sweet, and the sentiments are varied and very useable. For the bird on the inside I watercoloured with both navy and lime and they blend together beautifully.


Then I made a second version using some retired navy and White paper and the Background Bits Hostess set from the annual catalogue. There is plenty of shimmer on the strip of hearts.


 It's a very exciting time of year for Demonstrators as the new catalogue brings fresh ideas and enthusiasm. Let me know if you need a copy for yourself, there's so much to look at.

Next this week is my lovely friend Bec.

Thanks so much for looking and remember we'd love to see what you create using the same colour palette- just post a photo to our Facebook page, you have 2 weeks and you may earn a spot as a guest designer.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Gorgeous little thank you cards, Liz. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever Thank you cards. I love the decorated inserts and the little tabs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me how cute the mini treat bags are! What a wonderful pair of Thankyou cards. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 pretty special thank you cards Liz. Love all of the little details you have added. Hope LLT grows on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the tab punch (I need to use mine!) and beautiful thank you cards. I often forget how cute the gift bags are as an alternative to envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations, Liz. Love the vibrant combinations and creative design - those inserts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...