Skip to main content

CTC#170 CASEing Tutti Fruiti and showcasing Papers



Hello again and welcome for another week of CASEing the Catty. ( Number #170 can you beleive that?)  I have been inspired by a sketch layout on page 28 of the catalogue this week - I'm on a mission to use up some of the lovely papers I have so I always study the catalogue for layouts that help me. I have also been inspired a post on the Stampin' Up! page recently by Rhoda MacPherson, one of the Artisan Design Team Members of 2018. Here's part of what she had to say

I hope you’ll join in and try a paper challenge of your own. Just use one main stamp set,
one basic layout, and three very different papers and see what you come up with!
Why not share it with the hashtag #SU1to3paperchallenge so we can check it out and be
inspired?



I chose the layout in the card at the top right.
  • a full panel of DSP for the card front
  • a piece 6 cm x 9.5cm cut with a shallow flag end on one end
  • a piece of twine/ribbon tied around the right edge of the flag
  • a focal image adhered onto the flag
I used two of the papers from the Tutti Fruiti paper stack and one from the specialty foils and since I was asked for some gender neutral baby cards it was a perfect occasion to use theA little Wild set - which sadly hasn't had much use even though I've owned it for a while.
It's just so super cute.
Here's the 3 different versions.

 



And since I'm all about using up paper I make a point of using some on every envelope too - sometimes as a liner but often I just add onto the flap at the back

If you have lots of paper in your stash - and what self respecting paper crafter doesn't? - then maybe you'd like to incorporate elements of both the #SU1to3paperchallenge and the CASEing the Catty challenge and join us on our Facebook page. We love to see what you create inspired by the same pages of the catalogue.

I have another post from yesterday where I have used the same 3 to 1 paper idea and you might like to see that here.

With only 2 weeks of Sale A Bration left you might add some Tutti Fruit (6x6 paper stack) paper to your next order- as well as all the fruit images on one side the reverse has loads of geometric designs which are just so bright and versatile.
Let me know if I can help you with any products you's like - including the FREE products for the next 2 weeks. Click on any of the product images below to start your shopping.



Next this week is:  Judy

And before me this week is Sandra:

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Liz your 3 cards are super cute. I love the concept of the paper challenge, I think it would be a great idea for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous, Liz. I'm sad to say my set hasn't seen ink yet,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 3 cute baby cards, Liz especially that foil frenzy one! What a great idea to join the 1to3 paper challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just brilliant! I wanted to CASE that card too, but changed because it was too tricky for me to achieve!! Now, I'm inspired again, and will definitely give it a go! Thankyou! I love what you've done, and the 3 x 1 challenge sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Liz, these are gorgeous!!! What a fabulous collection of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous cards Liz. Love the idea of using the same layout to achieve three different looks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards Liz - the diagonal DSP appeals to me as it lines up with the angle of the bear head! Great challenge and might have to give it a go as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are your cards!! The colouring of your bears is simply amazing!! Love the idea of using up some DSP too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for