Skip to main content

CI#71 Positive Thoughts

Welcome back, colour palette #71 and what gorgeous colours. Highland Heather, Pool Party, Pear Pizazz and Grey Granite.
The new year is well under way and summer has been very harsh this year with bushfires and crazy weather. I hope you and your family and friends are safe. With so much tragedy around us there is a definite need for some Positive Thoughts, so it has been nice to play with some cool colours and escape reality for a little while- I really believe craft is good therapy!
The gorgeous Maiden Hair Fern image in this set is so delicate. and now that there are dies available with the Coordination Product Release it really is a must have set for me. The feather thinlits cut out both the stamped image and a larger embossed piece, and the little leaves look stunning cut from foil. I spritzed the fern image with water before stamping and ended up with a lovely watercolour background.



I didn't want too much of the Highland Heather flower dominating the delicate fern and feathers so I chopped it in half and layered both under the centre panel. I quite like them peaking out from behind. What do you think?




To get the mix of pool party and pear pizazz on the fern I used an old technique called "Thumping" - apply the base ink- pool party- from the inkpad, then loosely hold the pear marker so that the fat nib is horizontal,  and"thump" areas of green onto the leaf at random. It's a quick and easy way to change the look of any image. You can see it better on the inside of the card.
This little butterfly comes up really well heat embossed in black and coloured with a blender.


It's good to be back with the CI crew. We have changed ( relaxed!) our format a little so that now we don;t have a formal blog hop. You can see all the inspiration projects in our photo album on our Facebook page , We'd love to see what you create, so share a photo of your project with us on our Facebook page. 

Thanks for joining in, and if you'd like to see the other coordination products you can check them out in my online store.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz
Product List
Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker
Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker
[131266]
$5.95
Blender Pens
[102845]
$21.00
Silver & Pool Party Baker's Twine
Silver & Pool Party Baker's Twine
[147015]
$7.00
Pool Party 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon
Pool Party 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon
[144152]
$12.25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...