Skip to main content

Social Stamping for ANZAC Day remembering their sacrifice

ANZAC Day
a solemn day of pride and remembrance
of gratitude for service and faith
of hope for a brighter, united, peace driven future
a day to pause and be together.

This year, of course, is different. Ordinarily we are up in the wee hours and walk the 15 minute walk to the Botanical Gardens near our home. We assemble in silence with hundreds of others to pay our respects at the Cenotaph. Our local Dawn Service begins at 0427 (the time the boats landed at Gallipoli).
 My husband and I have attended for most of the 16 years that we have lived in this house. We listen to the speaker remember the Anzac story. We pray, we reflect, and we listen to the anthem and the bagpipes. We feel the reverence and the solemnity. But not in 2020.

This year our ceremony is different, but no less special.
This year we are gathering with our neighbours in our driveways around the nation. This year we stand differently but we hold dear the same values and respect. This year we are a nation apart but together as never before . And I thank the people of our neighbourhood for standing together.
We celebrated in our driveways, with a lighted candle, and a wreath.
We listened to the broadcast, and our neighbour,
a Vietnam Vet, and a bushie, read a beautiful poem,
"The Anzac on the Wall". More than one tear was shed.

This wreath now hangs on the lightpole at our little corner of our Australia.
The Rosemary and Jasmine is from my garden,
but the Poppies are created from cardstock, glue and wire.
I used the Magnolia dies but doubled the layers, and shaped them after spritzing with water. They dried quickly.

Thankyou to our servicemen and women past and present for your sacrifice, your dedication and your love. We are ever in your debt.
We are ever grateful.


This weekend Kelly has assembled a group of stamping friends and we are sharing our creations based on the theme War and Peace.
You can find a full list of all the participants at Kelly's blog.

Next this weekend is Mandy

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Such a beautifully written blog post Liz! Your poppy wreath would have been admired by your community! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, Every neighbourhood needs a Celestine to organise things- I'm wondering if that's you in your street? Great theme, great hop

      Delete
  2. A beautiful wreath. I wouldn’t have thought to use the magnolia Dies to create the poppies. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Liz I love it! Yes it was quite different this year one never to forget! I love the vergeside it looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning wreath. I love the combination of the wonderful plants from your garden and the beautiful handmade poppies. The double layers really does give it an amazing body. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz your wreath is amazing. I love the way that you have used the symbols of peace (rosemary and Jasmin) along with your SU supplies to create something that will be a lasting memory x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wreath and lovely words. Certainly has been a different kind of ANZAC day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the sense of community that this Anzac Day has brought to us. Certainly a different way to remember but not any less important by any means. Your wreath is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words and project are just beautiful Liz! It was definitely a wonderful, albeit different way to remember. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just such a beautiful way to commemorate. I love the mix of foliage and paper poppies on your stunning wreath Liz. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wreath and your post Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for