Skip to main content

Colour INKspiration #170 - choose your 3 favourites. Painting on white ink technique.

This great challenge is open for 3 weeks so even though I am slow out of the blocks you still have 1 week to create your own project and share it with us. It has been great seeing what colour palettes appeal to different designers.

Choosing only 3 colours is tricky!
This challenge is open for us to choose our 3 favourite colours.




I love greens, and blues and these are often my go to colours, but I always love Navy and Hot Pink and a bright Green together, so for this card I have used 



This technique is one we used at a recent demonstration day where I focused on using White Pigment Ink. It's a beautiful technique where I stamped the line image in White Ink and heat embossed with White Powder to establish the background. In this case this was done on Crumb Cake cardstock. Then you need to use the white ink and paint the image white. It's water based ink so you simply paint with water and a fine paintbrush. You get a beautiful effect on coloured cardstock and I did a few samples.

Once your white image has dried completely you can colour onto the white using either watercolour pencils or dilute ink. This will give you a very soft tone. You can always go back and add more colour if it is too soft. Blend the pencils with a tiny amount of water and your paintbrush.


I used the Enduring Beauty stamp again for this card as it is a lovely open line image for colouring. And of course I finished it off with a generous painting of Wink of Stella, although the shimmer doesn't show here very well.


I have some more samples using this same technique and you can see them in the next few days.

I hope you are inspired to share a creation with us on the facebook group page - just send us a photo of your project.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...