Skip to main content

500 challenges at CASEing the Catty ' - how fantastic to be involved

What an honour to be invited back to join with the Caseing the Catty team for their 500th challenge! Thankyou Bec for thinking of me.

I started with the CTC crew way back at the beginning and I still go to the catalogue as a ready reference for creative ideas. The earliest post I can find is 2014 - CTC#3! 10 years of crafting along, that's pretty amazing.


For this challenge it was completely open to choose any project to CASE from either the annual or the Christmas mini catalogue.

There are lots of projects in there that spark a creative journey for me and I did have a hard time choosing. In the end I opted for something simple since none of us have much free time at this hectic time of year. To make things a tad more difficult I have covid so feeling pretty low on energy. Lucky that crafting is a relaxing pastime and I can sit at my craft desk without be scolded too much by my loving DH that I need to be resting!

For my projects I have created a Christmas Card and a matching Gift Pouch. I have always called these Sour Cream Containers and this was inspired by the projects on page 29 of the Annual Catalogue ( made there with the Frames and Flowers DSP ).
 
I have lots of visitors coming for Christmas and I love to leave them a little pillow gift and these are the perfect size for a small tube of handcream or something similar. I used the Thoughtful Journey DSP for this one as the tones match perfectly with my Mossy Meadow pine fronds.

I chose the cards on Page 107 and the Perennial Postage Dies to create a christmas card

The glimmer is the gorgeous Granny Apple Green from the trio 12 x 12 Festive Pack , and the Fronds are diecut from Mossy Meadow using the Golden Greenery Dies. I heat embossed the sentiment from Decorative Trees stampset using the brilliant new Gold embossing powder, and the background DSP is a favourite neutral from the Country Lace DSP. You can create a lot of Christmas cards without specific Christmas DSP. The gold fronds are of course created with the Bough Punch. You can see all of these products and loads more when you browse my Online Store

Next after me this week is Simone Bartrum - we were on the crew together for quite a few years. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone's creations. Make sure to follow the links around to visit everyone.


Wishing you all the peace and joy of this wonderful season.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining in with us again Liz, I love your project - what a great idea. The colours are so pretty tool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#100 Presents and Pinecones

Can you believe we are 100 posts young???? Welcome to the 100th post for CASEing the Catty. You may have arrived form Katherine's post or you maybe starting here- Welcome! Be sure to hop around all the participants this week as we take inspiration from the Presents and Pinecones. I've been short of time with lots of commitments- aren't we all too busy?? So I needed a quick card for this week's post - which is perfect as I am planning a stamp-a-stack for Christmas class. It's a very big section of the catalogue but I settled on the gorgeous card on page xxx I have a few different versions using the same layout but different colours and embellishments. Not everyone loves tying bows so I tried to make them very simple. Heat embossing is such a simple way to add instant pizazz. The sparkling emerald Envy embossing powder is fantastic but I would advise definitely using your embossing buddy to minimise the amount of stray glitter, and I would also advise ...