Skip to main content

CI#188 May 28

Welcome back for another (LATE) edition of Colour INKspiration #188.

Amidst the renovations and the half packed craft room I had some fun playing with some of the new In Colours 25-27 and a few new products that have been waiting patiently to be used.  I am surprised by how much I enjoy using Timid Tiger! 



This week's picture was chosen by Lou, and it's a great mix of new and existing colours from the range. I had fun playing with these.


We would like to welcome Cez Tolentino as our guest designer this round. Be sure to check out everyone's creations using this palettte on our Facebook page and also on Instagram. 

I have had Cake Celebrations on my shelf for quite a while now and I loved how easy it is to use. Creating the cake was super easy. The Strawberry Slush was stamped off for the cake layers but used full strength for the bands of filling.  Sometimes photopolymer images don's hold the ink well enough for second generation stamping but these ones do it really easily.
I cut the new ribbon in half along the length to give 2 narrow pieces which tied really easily into the bow. 
The background DSP was given a bit of additional texture using the new Pressed Flowers Embossing Folder

I wanted to use a few other new products  and while I had the colours out I also created a few other cards. I played with the new Irresistible Designs Cardstock - white embossed card that you can colour with blending brushes or any other method of adding ink. I used the leaf design on the Coastal Cabana Card. I also love the amazing Textured Notes nested rectangle dies which all have a different detailed border.
 







And finally, I was also playing with the amazing new Extraordinary Washi Tape and the die which cuts all those amazing flowers in one pass on the Cut and Emboss Machine. So for the last card I stamped the cake and then layered it up with a selection of the flowers. Super Easy.



INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black as well as Metallics.

Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too.
We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...