Skip to main content

JAI#248 and SSSC254, More Butterlfy Thinlits Birthday cards


 I Love the colour combination at JAI this week but of course I couldn't only make one card! The Butterfly Thinlits are easy to use and I have been playing with lots of samples for my upcoming class this weekend.




The Leaves were heat embossed with clear embossing powder and I cut out one extra leaf stem to go in the bouquet of flowers. The flowers are Naturals White water coloured with Rich Razzleberry ink with a  pearl centre, and the Sahara Sand flowers are sponged with Pool Party ink. The Sahara Sand Seam Binding make a lovely soft bow and the Crystal Buttons are always gorgeous. I have used Kinda Eclectic, Bitty Banners and French Foliage stamp sets, though the inside Sentiment is from a very old Stampin' Up set which I bought on ebay many years ago - before I was truly a SU convert - and I have no idea of the name or age of that set. (If you know I would love to learn it - the set included a group of children chasing butterflies with a net) 
The message says "Just fluttering by with a birthday Hi" -so cute.

The inside

So while I had the ink and paper out I made another sample - this time using the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge  No 254


Same stamp sets as above, Same colours, with the addition of the Butterfly Thinlits and the Bird Builder Punch and some Sahara Sand lace.


Mmmm, so now that I have another look at the sketch I have to admit that it's a pretty loose application,- but anyway i appreciate the stimulus that it gave me to create something new!!

thanks for looking, Liz

Comments

  1. Let is called Thankful Thoughts it is a 2003 set. Love your butterfly cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Carol, I tried to search for it for ages, now I can go have a look at some other creations with that set. Much appreciated, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful designs Liz and your pretty little details are really sweet, l especially love the little cluster on your first card. Lovely to see you at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nikki thanks so much - yes I was pleased with the little bunch.
      You are one of the reasons I always look at JAI - I have learnt a lot from you. thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Liz, both of your cards are beautiful ... but I have to say the first one blew me away when it came up on my screen! Just gorgeous; so many lovely details to look at. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially love your first card Elizabeth - so soft, elegant & beautiful & a great way to use the challenge colours. Would look fabulous in a shadow box frame too. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week
    Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Di, I am quite a fan of shadow boxes!! thanks for your kind words

      Delete
  6. Both of your cards are stunning Liz! I love the use of the Kinda Eclectic leaves, ribbon and the flowers at the bottom of the card! Your second card WOW! Just beautiful! Great use of the challenge colours for both cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful cards Liz, love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The arrangements of flowers you do are stunning. They look like they would take a long time to put together and would be treasured I'm sure. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Chantell, i do love little posies, sometimes they work better than others. Thanks for your kind words. E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...