Skip to main content

Colour INKspiration #11, lovely colour combo


I've had a bit of fun this morning playing with a fe new products. I LOVE the new embossing paste- and I've been waiting for ages for SU to bring out some materials for mixed media. 
  • This paste is light and very easy to spread
  • it dries quickly and gives a beautiful finish
  • It can be easily coloured with our refill inks to create a perfect match.

This weeks colours are just lovely together. 
In my card I have used marina mist ink to colour the paste and used the brick wall mask. This is spread over a watercolour wash using Marina Mist- I just love the layers of colour.

To create the leaves I used the 3 ink colours from the challenge and the baby wipe technique to get the variegated leaves using the Colorful Seasons stamp set and framelits.

I don't currently have any Early Espresso cardstock but I do have some very old (retired) Early Espresso heat emboss powder, and I have used this for the sentiment on vellum.


Of course I ended up with loads of leaves because I had to use up all the ink from the baby wipe stamp pad - AND I had more paste than I needed so I had to use that up before it dried - so I made 2 more!  I have to say I do love the tone on tone paste- blue paste on blue card is stunning in real life.






I wish I had more time today because I'd love to get some more of that paste spread around!!!
If you purchase the paste be sure to get the mask and spatulas.  (just click on the image below to take you to my online store to order your very own little jar of fun!) 
But you could also create your own mask using window sheets. mmmmm definitely need more hours in the day! 

Next this week on the hop is the Gentle Julia, I can't wait to see what she creates after receiving her lovely swap recently. You have 3 Queenslanders in a row, with Lou before me this week. It's such lovely weather up here in winter. Feel free to come visit me in sunny Rockhampton, I'm sure we could have fun stamping together, but if not visit me on my Facebook page Lillybet's Papers or on Pinterest!



Don't be afraid to contribute to our Facebook page after you create something with these colours. They are not as hard to put together as some of the the other challenges we've had.  We'd love to see what you create.


Thanks for looking, and remember 

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"

Liz

Comments

  1. Wow - your cards are all so beautiful, Liz! I love that you've made Marina Mist the dominant colour ... I don't tend to gravitate towards blues, but just love the balance of colour in your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine- I'm a blue girl from way back! (my wardrobe tells me so!)

      Delete
  2. Both cards are very pretty, love the subtle colours in both and your emossing paste wall looks fab too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, if you don't yet have the paste you soon will it's fabulous

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - the watercoloured embossing paste is my favourite. But all three cards are just stunning. Excelled at this challenge Liz (despite not having any EE cardstock.... how does that happen???). Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? time to stock up again I think. And that paste is so much fun!

      Delete
  4. These are STUNNING. I was on the fence about embossing paste but I can see I am going to have to bite the palette knife and get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnne. DEFINITELY bite the palette knife! haha you won't regret it.

      Delete
  5. Love them all. You had me at Embossing Paste! I love the tone on tone idea. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Elizabeth - I thought your first card was amazing, but what a set! Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, three mini works of art. You have gone above and beyond with these colours. The first is definitely my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly, a gorgeous trio of cards! I love the embossing paste layered over the watercolor wash - perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!!! I ove,love,love, these colors and projects! Did I say I love them? So shoot me. I love the colors colors and everything else about these three projects. I'm caseing you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning collection Liz! They are all lovely in their own right, but your first card is a jaw dropper...So beautifully serene! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow indeed. I absolutely love this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love. Love the leaves. Love the blue wash and the wall. Love the cards. Love your artistic talent. I would love to case you. Brilliant project. Thankyou for your wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Julia, of course you can CASE me, I'd be honoured! have fun lovely lady!

      Delete
  13. beautiful! The leaves are so effective with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful creations, Elizabeth. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. HI Virginia, this is from the text in the post-
      "To create the leaves I used the 3 ink colours from the challenge and the baby wipe technique to get the variegated leaves using the Colorful Seasons stamp set and framelits."
      there are plenty of videos on this technique, and if you search through the labels on the right side of this page I have other posts using Baby Wipe Technique.(there are 4 with different projects and lots of pictures) But essentially you create your own ink pad by putting drops of reinker colour close together on a folded baby wipe and use that as your inkpad for your stamping. It's a great technique and you get differen
      t images every time. have fun, any more questions just email me, Liz

      Delete
  16. Love the cards! Beautiful, all of them! I was wondering about the newspaper print for the card with the two circles. Where did that come from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for