Skip to main content

JAI #258 a little bit of Blackberry Love with FMS#181

IThe challenge this week is a gorgeous colour challenge at JAI. 
And I have teamed this with the sketch challenge at Freshl Made Sketches
I have been experimenting with watercolour look backgrounds for my next class for Mother's Day and the Blackberry Bliss ink gives gorgeous colours with this technique. The background is the feature so minimal stamping and embellishments let it shone through. (I'm not sure my photography does it any justice here) I used the floral spray from Thoughts and Prayers, and the sentiment from Good Greetings. A little heart from Pictogram Punches is highlighted with some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and the sequins are strawberry slush from the in colour sequins collection - I have to admit I have used these more than I imagined I would. A little bit of silver pen helped highlight the tiny bit of Smoky Slate stamping.


Thanks for looking. Liz  

Comments

  1. The Blackberry Bliss watercolour wash is divine, Liz. I love the sparkle that the sequins and little heart add to your gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolored background is so pretty. I love how the leafy image looks with it. The sequins and sparkle make this extra special! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really lovely! I love how you've combined the colour and sketch challenge - they work perfectly together. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous background Liz...Love the intensity of the BB. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely deep intense background panel Liz. The tone on tone stamping is very elegant, and the silver pen adds lovely detail. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jGreat water colour wash background. I also like how you have used the thread - adds great texture. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...