Skip to main content

Christmas Decorations- Christmas in a jar!

These are some of the Christmas Decorations I have made for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend.

They are obviously not all Stamping' Up! products for the jute twine, the baubles and some of the ribbon and bling, but I was really happy to be able to use up quite a few retired SU items which I have been hoarding!!
And I am totally in love with pastels for my home this year but I did make some traditional coloured items and a few in fantastic copper!


The Mint Macaroon ribbon is just so lovely for tying. The Metal rim tags retired a long time ago but I still have quite a few, so I used some of these. The thread is individual strands from the wide Burlap ribbon (also retired) - it's a bit thicker than the linen thread. I used Soft Sky ink and alcohol and some shimmer paint (I wish we could still get this fabulous product) spritzed onto the tags. The letters are cut using the Typeset Alphabet big dies  (yep, also retired) and layered up on a layer of coaster board (mm-mm also retired). The second set of these used Blushing Bride glimmer perp and another sneak peak, wooden hearts coming soon!


My next jar uses many more current products. The Flourish Thinlits are so delicate and gorgeous so these are 2 layers as well, and glued onto the jute jar, then wrapped with copper thread to add a little security. It' so fine it's just a gorgeous detail. The Stitched frailest oval is mounted on a vellum oval, the Merry is again a few layers. I have used the white jute ribbon for individual strands this time and the cute little embellishment is a sneak peak from the coming catalogue.


Delightful Dijon ribbon also goes with the copper- and that biscuit cutter is just so cute wrapped with copper metallic thread. And Rosemary not any smells fantastic, you can pretend it's a mini tree







Tip Top Taupe ribbon and Soft Sky Seam binding. Island Indigo would also be nice with these.

The last samples fit with the colour Challenge at GDP this week.


Thanks for looking, I hope your Christmas decorating is going well. The nice thing about selling these at the markets is that I know the new owners are really happy with their items and appreciate the effort that goes into Handmade.

Liz

Comments

  1. I love these jars, and what a great way to recycle them! Just beautiful! Do you just leave them empty as a decoration or put something in them? Did they sell well? Thinking of making some for craft fairs next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Gillian,thankyou for your comments. I have left mine empty, but they look great with a little bit of greenery in them too. IN the top picture there is a large jar (between the joy and the wine bottle) which only has string at the top and the bottom. I put a string of battery operated LED lights and a few small baubles in this one and it is really cute. (Didn't offer this one for sale) and Yes they sold well. have fun making them, I'd appreciate if you could link back to me and give credit when you make them - I also have some pics on my Pinerest boards. Merry Christmas, Liz

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for