Skip to main content

CTC#144 Quilted Christmas using some sunflower leaves


Hello and welcome back for the first round of our Christmas Holiday Catalogue projects. How exciting to be using the Christmas catalogue already.
The products in the holiday catalogue are available now and I think there's something for everyone in there.
I am CASEing the Quilted Christmas section but using some different products as I am not yet ready to make Christmas cards.

 Each gift box contains 4 notecards and 4 envelopes and 4 gift tags.

I have CASE'd the layout of the little notecard on the bottom of page 4(below), and the mini Pizza box on page 7.  The card is such a simple layout with a square of DSP as your base, a plain colour strip and a simple embellishment. I bought the quilted Embossing folder and wanted to use that so have embossed the panel for the box front and the vanilla strips for the notecards. ( the EF is not too easy to see on page 5, but it sure is lovely!)




I stamped the leaves from the sunflower set using the babywipe technique. It's such a cool technique and so much fun because you never quite know what patterns you will get with the colours. I used only 3 drops each of Lemon -Lime Twist, Old Olive, and Tranquil Tide. I was able to stamp loads of leaves and then wondered what else I could do to use up some of the ink. The sentiment and the cute little wreath are from the Ready to Pop set - and I have to say again that I think this is one of the most underrated sets in the catalogue.



I wanted this set to be quick to put together so the leaf is simply stapled onto the 11/2"circle of plain card. The circle is then glued down and the sentiment ( in a 1"circle ) is simply adhered over the top of the staple with 2 dimensionals.
The DSP is so fresh and lovely and is from the new Thanksgiving set. I will be making more of these cute sets for the markets coming up. They are fun for Christmas gifts. The pizza boxes are fabulous, you simply must add them to your order.

Here's the inkpad and all the extra images I was able to stamp from 9 drops of ink! These will make up quickly for the markets in little gift packs. I have more images of pizza box gift packs which I made up, and you can see them here.
I am so glad Stampin' Up! has brought back the little 3 x 3 envelopes and I have to say the Pizza boxes are fabulous.
Next on from me this week is our guest designer Cathy Pinchbeck. It's so great to have new players celebrating the catalogue with us. Welcome Cathy.


Kathryn is before me this week.


and we'd love to see what you create this week using the holiday catalogue pages 4-9 as your inspiration. Post your creation to our Facebook page. It's easy!



Thanks for looking, and remember

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"
Liz

Comments

  1. Wow, this is an awesome project!! I love love love the colours!! (I do like green). I love the quilted embossed panel - such a clever little extra touch. Gorgeous, and the leaves are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous Elizabeth! I love the colours and the DSP and the baby wipe technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous note cards Liz, I love the colours you've used for your babywipe effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How has that DSP not made its way onto my radar!!! It is just perfect for your project, the cards are so cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz - What a super gorgeous CASE! I love your colour combo and the embossing works so well on both the cards and the Mini pizza box! I'm sure they are going to be popular at the market!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for