Skip to main content

CTC#156 Christmas Twist on any item

Welcome back for another week at CTC where we are giving a Christmas twist to a chosen project, so I have chosen a card from page 35 which has a simple design and some self stamping. At this time of year simple is best!



I also like that it has a simple colours scheme. Pool Party, Emerald Envy, white and linen thread with a little bit of silver embossing. Both the pool party cards appealed to me.


The second option looks at the card lower left, and while mine is still landscape rather that portrait I added the extra elements behind the focal point, and stamped the sentiment on the pool party card rather than the white.


I loved using the alcohol blend pens - the new Stampin Blends in the light shade of Pool Party for the outline around the embossed silver lightbulb. It was so easy and quick. The tree has been painted with the aqua painter.
The inside just has part of the lightbulb stamped in emerald in the lower corner. Quick and easy.


 I hope your Christmas creativity is on track, but if you are stuck for a design this one works really well if you are stuck for time.

Don't forget wee'd love to see what you create using the same inspiration- and then post a photo of your item on our Facebook page

Next on the hop this week is Angela

 and Before me this week is Fi

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. Such a cute design Liz, either is a great design for quick Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the light bulb!! Looks fab!! Love the colours as well. What a fab twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but so effective, I love them both Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great ideas Liz, like the use of the blend pen around the design

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of your designs Elizabeth. These are wonderful cards!! What a cute image and greeting - so clever, and a fantastic CASE with a twist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...