Skip to main content

CASEing the Catty#184 Delightfully Detailed


Hey hello, welcome back for another night of CASEing the Catty. This week we are all about Delightfully Detailed - pages 38 - 51.
How wonderful is the Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut DSP.
This paper is just gorgeous.


It is very fine, I was inspired by the large image on the noticeboard where they have adhered a large sheet on orange cardstock - bottom left in the CTC Banner photo below.


but I couldn't stop at just one- so here's a few samples.
I have a few other samples where I have done just that so that the colour shows through. But then I had the idea of adhering it directly to a sheet of DSP. I chose one of the Soft Suede sheets from the Tranquil Textures set.
here's a few tips for adhering the fine DSP
  • cut your detailed paper to the size you are going to adhere- i just adhered a full 12x 12 to a sheet of DSP the same size - smaller sizes are easier to manage, but you can just cut the full sheet down to whatever size you require
  • have your DSP or carstock laying flat on a work surface
  • in another workspace lay your detailed laser cut paper right side down on a non stick surface. I don't have a silicone craft sheet that big so I use a sheet of Freezer Go-Between paper (or freezer bag spread completely flat) the glue won't stick to this too much and you can just throw it away at the end.
  • put some Tombow liquid glue in a small dish or palette ( eg another small sheet of  freezer bag plastic)
  • use a fairly damp (but Not too wet) sponge dauber and lightly apply the tombow to the whole sheet - the dampness helps with the application and also prevents it from drying too quickly
  • be careful not to move the laser cut paper at all
  • apply the glue sparingly otherwise you will end up with visible adhesive on your finished project
  • peel it off the Freezer bag and lay it directly onto the DSP, you'll want to work reasonably quickly 
  • don't just lay the Freezer paper on the DSP and peel off because you will end up with the residual adhesive all over your finished piece
  • throw away all sticky worksurfaces and then you can cut your piece to size
IF YOU DO end up with visible adhesive on your card front you could
  • hide it by placing the sentiment over the trouble spot - or sequins or pearls!
  • hide it by wrapping the panel in vellum
  • dont try to remove with adhesive remover- you'll more likely end up with a ruined piece.
I didn't wrap the vellum because of glue on these cards- I just like the look, and it also protects the delicate paper!!

I love the stitching just to hold the vellum in place. And I deliberately avoided sentiments as I don't think they are necessary.


Don't forget we love to see what you create using the same inspiration pages from the Catalogue. There's so many brilliant ideas in those amazing pages. Show us what inspires you. Just take a photo and share it to our Facebook Page.


Next on this week's hop is the gorgeous Rose.

And before me this week is Fi


I  hope you have a creative week and remember,

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz







Product List

Comments

  1. This is inspired Liz - I love how the vellum transforms the look of the laser cut DSP! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips Liz - not sure that I'm brave enough to glue a whole sheet! I love the subtle colours you've used and the vellum over the top is just stunning - especially with the stitching. Gorgeous set of cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Liz and great tips for adhering the fine DSP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally brilliant and beautiful. Love love love. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your projects. They are stunning and the hints for adhesion are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Liz! And thanks for the great tips x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a stunning set of cards! Love this dsp!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tips for adhering that gorgeous DSP Liz! They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...