Skip to main content

CI#35 New Neutrals! - use any 3

Welcome welcome. We are back again with colour INKspiration #35


Stampin' Up! ® has just had a major colour revamp, so to start off the new catalogue year at Colour INKspiration we've decided to feature a Colour Collection for the first challenge each month (2nd Wednesday) until we have showcased them all! The second challenge in the month (4th Wednesday) will be a Pinterest inspired pic as per usual just to mix it up a bit. 

This month we are starting off with the NEUTRALS COLLECTION and you can choose any 3 colours from that range for your challenge project. We are also changing the rules about what else you can add to the mix; essentially just the Basics - Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Basic Black as well as metallics.



In their study of colour use SU noted that many crafters use Navy, Burgundy and a Deep Green in the same way that they use Neutrals so they included them in the family.
This is great news for me- I never disposed of Mossy Meadow because I loved it so much, and Navy is always part of my Neutral scheme. And not only do I love to drink the odd glass of red wine I LOVE the new colour. 

So despite it seeming a simple thing to only choose 3 Neutral Colours, I have to admit that I have made more than one card for this week's blog. Initially I had 4 colours so I had to change it, then I created another card but it still wasn't quite right.

So at the 11th hour I have created yet another version and happily it worked!!
I have been wanting to play with this gorgeous new set- Serene Garden and the matching Garden Scene framelits.....and it is SO lovely to use and quite different. It was indeed a challenge.

I LOVE Gray Granite and can see it becoming my go to neutral card base in place of Crumb Cake. It has a lovely warmth to it and is not too dark (like basic gray), or too light (like smoky slate. It won't take over the other colours but will show them off.



The set comes with a large corner image as a stamp, and an embossing plate which has the exact same image, and a framelit which cuts out select leaves only from the image.
It took a little bit of playing but in the end this was the process for this card.
  • I stamped the 3 blossoms and watercoloured them using Merry Merlot,and cut them out using the framelits.
  • I stamped off the large image twice before stamping the inside of the card.
  • I embossed both the Gray Granite and the Merry Merlot piece using the new embossing mats. I can see it will take me a while before I remember the correct sandwich but I do love the effect. They give a very detailed impression. You can see the gorgeous veins on all those leaves.
  • I used the framelits to cut out the Gray Granite piece. You can see it removes select leaves.
  • I cut a corner frame from Merlot cardstock.
  • I layered them all together and wrapped some very vanilla twine around the base - this was partly to cover some of the embossing outlines from the edge of the embossing plate.
  • Layered this up on the vanilla card base.
  • I stamped the sentiment from the Hostess set Seasoned With Kindness and added a few pearls 
  • I painted the flowers, the leaves and some of the stems with my wink of Stella.


 I will post the pictures of the other cards I made using this colour scheme tomorrow!

We'd love to see which 3 Neutral Colours you are going to play with this week and post to our Facebook page. But in the meantime be sure and hop all the way around the design team. There are some stunning projects.

Next on the hop this week is Nicole


I hope you have a creative week and remember,
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz
Product List

Comments

  1. Oh Liz this is lovely. So good to see an example of the embossing mats in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's pretty! Lovely choice of colours Liz and the added sparkle is perfect, beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I didn't think I needed those dies and that stamp set. Such a gorgeous embossed card with a touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to show off that new bundle, it wasn't something I thought I wanted, but now ... not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Liz. I am loving Gray Granite as well. It goes beautifully with the Merlot on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for