Skip to main content

CTC #215 SUPER SWEETNESS

Welcome back for another week examining the catalogue for inspiraiton. This week we are using pages 14-23 for our creative stimulus. I just couldn't go past the cheerful bright colour palette of the How Sweet It Is suite and used those colours and the predominance of stripes in the DSP as my starting point.
We're away from home for my niece's birthday, and true to form I wasn't quite ready prior to leaving- and I didn't pack all my intended supplies to create my intended card. ... But "necessity is the mother of invention" as Erin's great grandmother used to say so I made a few changes to my original plan.


Coastal Cabana, Pineapple Punch, Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green look so scrumptious together. The layering letters are easy to use and I love that her name is short enough to fit on a card front!!  The  different colours make a strong stripey impact. The large number dies are retired but one of the most useful sets of framelits that SU have produced so they will remain part of my set of staple products. I love the numbers cut from the Dazzling diamonds glimmer paper. The pins are not Stampin' Up! products but they are part of the rather large collection of embellishments which I have decided to use rather than hoard, or save for a special occasion - and Erin is certainly special enough to use them for!  I also added the epoxy hearts but have since used the marker to outline them as I did for the inside.
My original plan was to colour the balloons, but since I forgot the coloured inkpads (dopey me) I decided to do some paper piecing instead. 
To do this you stamp the image on each of the coloured card pieces and cut out the individual shapes. That's a little tricky with circles! So to cover any imperfections I went around the shapes with my journaling pen, and used Wink of Stella all over. I like the marker around the epoxy hearts and will apply that same treatment to the front. Since the image takes up so much space I'll write her message on the inside flap.


Next up this week is Shannon and her lovely amazing as you card.


Don't forget we love to see what you create. So click around the bloghop for some other wonderful inspiration ideas then get busy creating a project also inspire by these pages. Pop a photo of your project on our Facebook Page.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Product List

Comments

  1. What a lovely card!! The colours are so nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE of this fun, bright colour combo Liz. Love that you carried the colours through to the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your gorgeous bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Liz, the colours look so good together. The inside is just as much fun as the outside. I love the outline around the epoxy hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever girl to use card stock when you have no ink! That's some pretty impressive paper piecing! Fabulous card and I bet she loved it! And I agree about those numbers. They are sooooo useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are so clever to adapt! Your card is fab - I especially love the pins on the front, a really cute touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...