Skip to main content

CI#55

Welcome back for another round of Colour INKspiration - #55!!!
I've been struggling to find time to participate lately but couldn't let another round go by so I'm very happy to be able to join in this week with this fun crazy vibrant colour palette.
You can choose 3 or more and this is my selection:


I've made a fancy fold and was inspired by Shannon at CASEing the Catty. She very kindly put all the measurements in her blog and because I was short on time it made it very easy to pull a card together. Folded flat it fits in a regular envelope but will sit nicely for display once open.

I took a few elements from the inspo pic for the card- the swirly bedhead inspired the cutout leaf edge, and the black spots on the coastal cabana cushion inspired the spotted embossing folder and highlighting the spots with Gray ink. The clouds on the bedspread reminded me of the retired Coastal Cabana DSP. I was keen to include a birdcage but came up short there at this point.


The flowers are a sneak peak from a new set coming called Floral Essence. There aren't any framelits for the floral shapes but I think I am going to use it a lot. It reminds me of a retired set called Penned and Painted which I also loved. I heat embossed the flowers in silver on Shimmery White and then coloured them using the aquapainter and Razzleberry, then fussy cut. The leaves are heat embossed using silver and simply punched out using the fabulous leaf punch . I love it when SU create new sets to use existing punches. I also used one of the floral images to decorate the inside of the card, then sponged a little coastal cabana around to soften the edges.

I have used Shannon's very easy instructions from the CASEing the Catty bloghop last week. You'll find her instructions here

Next this week is Cathy


Do be sure and hop all the way around for loads of inspiration using this great colour palette.
 Then you can create one too and share it with us on our Facebook page.  You don't need a blog- just a photo! Too easy

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Product List

Comments

  1. Gorgeous fancy fold card Liz. I love how you have used both flowers from the stamp set. They go perfectly with the embossed spots♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love the way you've combined the colours and this is such a fancy fold! I'm thinking I'll need to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! Great fold Liz! 😄 Love how you've used the colours. This is a glorious card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and bold colour choice and fun card fold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...