Skip to main content

Australian themed wattle bunches using Forever Fern

I have been asked to create some cards with a rural Australian theme which is quite challenging given the limited number of Stampin' Up! products which fit this criteria.

However I have had a good play with some of the images from Forever Fern stampset, and created a few cards with a bunch of wattle in a jar. I had lots of fun creating these. The wattle is stamped in Bumble Bee, and the bobbly spray is also cut from this Cardstock. To get the variegation in the leaves I used the Baby Wipe Technique and a range of green inks to create the stamp pad. One of these jars is copper, and the other is watercolour paper which I have painted with an aqua painter to look like green glass.


The forever Fern Stamp set is such a great versatile set, and while I had the baby wipe palette out I stamped a whole bunch of leaves. The woodgrain paper is now retired but it was the perfect background for my wattle bunches.

I thought these images looked like eucalyptus leaves hanging from the gum tree, so I attached a great bunch to these cards. Of course the inside of the cards is decorated too.



What other stampsets can you think of that can be adapted for Australian flora?

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz
Product List
Jar Punch
[152703]
$31.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...