Skip to main content

CI#203 a New Year of Creating starting with Blue

 Welcome back to a New Year! Hopefully a year full of creativity!


Our year started with a busy month away to celebrate a family wedding so I am now enjoying being home for a little while and getting back into the craft room too.


Welcome to our Guest Designer - Verity Pursglove, I can't wait to see what she creates with these beautiful colours. Today’s picture which has inspired our colour palette was chosen by Colour INKspiration Crew Member, Monica Formosa.





I love blues so this was a great way to start the year  for me - however it turns out I rarely use Smoky Slate so only had scraps to incorporate into this project.
I discovered that many of my stampsets are now on the "Last Chance" list so I wanted to use some of them before they are gone. The Thankful Garden hydrangea was my choice for some Silver heat embossing and then some watercolouring. I tried this technique on both Watercolour Paper and on Two Tone Cardstock in Azure Afternoon. The slightly paler second side allows you to coordinate your pieces so easily. Then for added depth I sponged Azure Afternoon ink directly onto the regular cardstock for a lovely deep border.
I also can't believe that the Textured Notes dies and the lovely Branching Out stampset are on the chopping board - the font and sentiments in this set are terrific for birthdays.
The Balmy Blue Sheer ribbon and the Frosted Irridescent Dots are also disappearing soon. The  gorgeous silver flower embellishments are a relic from the past but I just found them again and they are perfect.

Which one do you like best - the White Watercolour Paper?

Or the Blue on Blue?




Inside the blue - using a cut off scrap of the watercolour panel
Inside the white - same process



My one new product is the All in a Row Embossing Folder which is pretty cute.

We would love to see what you create using this colour palette - you can share your picture with us on the Facebook Group. 

Check out the album to see what the rest of the design team has created using these colours. It's always wonderful to see what different products and styles everyone uses

As well as the chosen colour combination for #CI203, Balmy Blue, Azure Afternoon and Smoky Slate, you may also add Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Basic Beige, Basic Black and metallics to your project. We also allow ‘Ivory’, ‘Bronze’ and ‘Natural Tones’ in the Stampin’ Blends. If you don’t have the colours in our palette, feel free to use the closest Stampin’ Up! (or any other brand) substitute - Pool Party instead of Balmy Blue for example.

Challenge guidelines:
· Create a NEW project made specifically for this challenge.
· Use all of the challenge colours (or close substitutions) unless stated.
· Upload only ONE picture per entry straight to the discussion wall and NOT in an album.
CI#203 will run for almost TWO weeks and will end at 5 pm (AEDT) on Monday February 23rd.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...