Skip to main content

GDP#018 Going Global

I have been preparing cars for my catalogue launch party this weekend . The Going Global suite is so easy to use I love all the papers and the stamps. they are especially good for masculone cards, andI also have quite a few very special birthday cards to make in January so it's a good excuse to play with my new toys. By chance my last GDP entry was using these papers too. This week it's a sketch challenge which I really like.
 


I love the rustic look and was really pleased to find that the Timeless Textures set has great stamps for adding -well- texture!!! I used one of the stamps all around the edge and then only needed to sponge lightly to smooth it out.  Brilliant! I'm sure I will use this set a lot too.

and this card was for my husband for his birthday so the inside was a bit special too.


Thanks for looking, 

Liz

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Great card Liz, I especially love the feature 'thankful' element! Thanks for joining the Global Design Project this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jess. I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic use of this Thinlits die from two Holiday Catalogs ago with this suite of products from the new catalog. So smart! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Brian, every time I think about selling off retired sets there is always one item in the set which I have to keep - this was the one from this set. I should be more ruthless, but that just isn't me!!! Great challenge, thankyou

      Delete
  3. I really like cards that show the night sky. Great color combination! The placement of card in front of piano to emphasize the black and gold colors is a great idea too. Had you tried other backgrounds for the card before choosing the piano?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brent. I used to regularly use the piano for my card photos if you check back on my older work. It just has the right light and they stand up well , but you are right, it is the best backdrop for this card. I love this set and I enjoyed the sketch challenge, thankyou

      Delete
  4. I am not sure which I like more - the card front or the card inside! I love it when it is stamped inside! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista, me too!! I almost always stamp or decorate the inside.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...