Skip to main content

TCTC#1 and FMS#218 perfect plum roses!

Well it's a pleasure to be part of a new Colour Challenge created by the very talented Bronwyn Eastley who is also the founder of the CASEing the Catty Bloghop. I love this colour combo, but I'm sorry Bronwyn I just had to add some green!! I combined it with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for a fun card using one of my new toys - the Rose garden Framelits.

So as it happens I didn't get finished in time for the FMS challenge, and worse I LOST my rose framelit in the course of making this card!!!! Now I don't know what state your craft room gets into when you are creating, but  mine could be described as chaos occasionally. I'm sure you can imagine the distress when you lose something like I did when it's in that state.. I couldn't move forward until I had searched everywhere (and most folders of paper scraps we're sifted through twice) . I moved the desk, I went through every packet of framelits thinking I had put it in the wrong envelope.....etc etc sifted through the scrap bin and gave up that it was gone. So I finished the card late!   I was happy with the card but dismayed about the Rose. Anyway, I am happy to report that on the third lap of the room I found it!
I 



I cut the Rose framelits and placed the cut piece over the panel I had watercoloured, traced around it with a pencil then cut out the solid shape. The fine tip glue pen was terrific, and I'm not sure you can see it but the Wink of Stella gives a lovely finish. how did I last so long without it?

And of course I have to decorate the inside!
The label shape from the set is just beautiful. 

Thanks for looking, Liz




Comments

  1. Oh, that is such a pretty card. I have borrowed this bundle for a bit and looking forward to experimenting with the possibilities. So glad that die turned up!! I found a stamp once about two years after it went missing! I know how crazy a craft room can get! Thank you for playing along with TCTC this week. Your free tutorial is on its way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bronwyn, you'll have fun with it for sure. Yes Crazy would be a description that some (in my family) would apply. Well if a stamp can turn up after 2 years I won't give up on a few other things then!!! Lovely colour combo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...