Skip to main content

CTC82 Christmas inspired but not for christmas!! Pink Shaker.


Hello again, welcome back for our Sunday night blog hop. this week on CTC a we are taking inspiration from the Christmas section which is Chapter 2 in the lovely new Catalogue from pages 26-37
You may have arrived from Bec, or you may be staring here, but jump in here and follow around the group.

Well I don't know about you but I can't possibly think about making Christmas projects yet!!! But that's quite OK because the idea of CTC is to use the catalogue as a springboard.
for instance You can use one or any or several of :-
A colour combination
A card layout
A stampset 
A project in the catalogue .or  .....
The possibilities are endless. So what did I use? ....the cute card on the bottom of page 33



Now I did have plans of using a new detailed thinlit but sadly it didn't arrive today so I did a quick rethink,  and I still managed to use a few new products.

This technique is an inlaid diecut technique so I first cut the word from Pink Pirouette, and then a second time from the Flirty Flamingo piece. I was very careful when pulling the words out so that there were no tears or crinkles in either piece. The die brush was really helpful but I used it very gently so as not to warp the Flamingo background piece. I could then easily place the light pink into the dark background piece. 
Initially I had planned to fill in the gap with the dark pieces but then I had a little idea to create a shaker card. It's not a very big window but I have been keen to try out the new foam strips so this was a good chance. They are amazingly easy to work with. If you don't have any yet you NEED to add them to your shopping list! I used blushing bride sequins inside the shaker but I also added some non SU glitter.
I tried to splatter some clear wink of Stella but I haven't really mastered that technique yet, however I am really happy with the new enamel shapes in the current In Colours.




Instead of the white Pom Pom trim I used a few strips of the new Irresistibly Floral DSP and sponged it with the Pink Pirouette ink. I LOVE is paper and have a few other samples made up with it which I will post later this week.

This was not a difficult card to make and I was under the pump to get it created in a short period of time. I made it in 20 minutes which is what is so great about using the catalogue for ideas. The layout and ideas are already there. I would encourage you to look at all the catalogue samples closely and see what grabs you the first time and recreate it with your own stamps and colours. Then we'd love to see your creations, so join in our monthly challenges.


EDIT  (June 15)so now my new Box of Goodies has arrived and I have had a chance to play a little - this is what I had planned to make, 



you can see more detail here


Copy and Share that's what we're all about. 
You can add your link here
And this month we are looking for any interested crafters who may want to join our Design Team. You'll need to link a current project to our challenge, need to be a Current Demo in Australia or NZ, and need to blog regularly. You can email any of us for more details.



Next on the hop this week is Simone, check out her fabulous creations too.


Thanks for looking, 
Happy stamping,

  Liz

Comments

  1. What a creative card! I'd never think of making a shaker card like this and it's so fun! This would give any person receiving this a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea, and I think turning the insides of the letters into the shaker feature is also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving shaker cards at the moment with the new foam adhesive strips. This is an idea of the words that I would never have thought of. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, a lovely non-Christmassy version of the catty project. I love that you have used the word to make a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have inlaid the die cut, great idea for a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb, check out my post from June 15 to see what I had planned to make!http://lillylovespaper.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/inlaid-diecut-technique-using-may.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for